cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

supun92
Adept I

Images render with GPU support shows complete Gray image

When using "GPU" as "Render Device" in ProRender, it renders images & animations only as a grey image.ProRender GPU.jpg

and when I check both "Render Devices" (CPU&GPU) in ProRender, I get a barely visible image at the beginning of rendering but step by step image again completely become grey once the rendering finishes.

This is how it changes with the rendering task progress.

GPU&CPU-10.jpg

GPU&CPU-20.jpg

GPU&CPU-30.jpg

but If I select only the "CPU" in ProRaden "Render Device" I get an OK image.

ProRender CPU.jpg

When I change Renderer to any other renderer comes default with Blender 2.81 (EEVEE&Cycles,Benchmark) without any other setting change, images and animations renderes perfectly fine.

Here I've added exactly the same object with exact same settings rendered by EEVEE

EEVEE.jpg

With Workbench

workbench.jpg

Rendered with Cycles (CPU)

cycles-cpu.jpg

Rendered with Cycles (GPU)

cycle-gpu.jpg

Is it a bug or do I have to change some changes to properly render scene with GPU support in ProRender?

System Infomation:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4200M - 2.50Ghz (2Core 4 Threads)

GPU: AMD Radeon HD8750M (2GB DDR3) with Driver Adrenalin 2019 Version 19.10.2

RAM: 12GB

Blender: Version 2.81

RadeonPro Renderer : version 2.1.1

4 Replies
bsavery
Staff

I'm not sure we still support that GPU.  Sorry.  

0 Likes

Yes, this is old GPU but still it's a GCN supported GPU and support OpenCL API 1.2 & Vulkan API 1.1.125.

According to ProRenderer webpage, ProRenderer supports any GPU which has OpenCL API 1.2 even for Non-AMD cards.

OpenCL.jpg

Vulkan.jpg

0 Likes

I have and Amd gpu

(amd r7 m265) and I have opencl 1.2, and it still renders complete gray

I have amd adrenalin drivers

0 Likes

I also experienced the same thing. I even used a new GPU Rx570 from the series above. What I experienced was the image sequence, the movie clip didn't appear when rendered. All sequence images or movie clips are covered with HDRI images in the IBL settings.

I already wrote this problem on my own post, but still awaiting moderation.

I hope we can get a solution.

0 Likes