cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

andrewjm
Journeyman III

Getting errors on install for Linux

Been trying to get into RPR again, and I may just be too dumb to get it to install the proper way.  Yes I have followed the guide, installed from terminal, but last time I installed I had a module that would not load from a python script from RPR and it wouldn't get added to Blender, and this time this is the error, and would not get added to Blender.

Any help would be most appreciated as I would really like to get things going with this again.

RPRerror.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hmm.  That's strange your version of blender has python 3.7.  The official builds from the blender.org website should have python 3.5.  So that's the reason it's not working as the plugin is compiled against python 3.5

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Are you using the official build or a nightly build of Blender?  One thing I've noticed is the nightly builds don't use the same version of python so it might not work.  We only officially support the official builds.

0 Likes

Well I think I have 2 problems. I am not using the nightly builds, I did

try with the 2.79 master and 2.79b versions with the same outcome for

both.  But on an earlier attempt, I had the issue of the ffi portion

missing from one of them earlier, so I know that was a build issue with

Blender.  I seriously have had no luck with installation of RPR for

Linux, Windows 10 was working fine up to version 1.4, but RPR after that

would not run, and I'm running a Ryzen 1700, but an nVidia GTX 970.  I

just don't know what happened after 1.4.

I was wondering if it is important to install with sudo, but if so I

have gotten the same result, and I have followed the instructions on the

web site.

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes

Can you open a python editor in a blender window and check what the python version is?

0 Likes

Python version is 3.7.0. Don't know if it make a difference but Python on my system is 2.7.15 rc1.

0 Likes

I should say 2.7.15 rc1 and 3.7, though doing a version query it shows only 2.7.15 rc1.

0 Likes

Hmm.  That's strange your version of blender has python 3.7.  The official builds from the blender.org website should have python 3.5.  So that's the reason it's not working as the plugin is compiled against python 3.5

0 Likes

So I can't use master or 2.79.6, which was downloaded from Blender.org. However I had not been able to install in earlier versions either.

0 Likes