Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

rulianh
Journeyman III

Collection display in viewport not consistent with final render

Hello, 
I am starting to use RPR for personal project in blender, and I notice an unexpected behavior regarding collection visibility.

The test is a simple cube in a collection called "test" inside another collection called "source" :
The collection test is instanced in the scene ( because I noticed the issue while using instance and trying to hide the source to the render )
Bellow the test scene ( cube going inside the plane is the original one, the cube on the plane is the test collection instance )

SceneBase.PNG

The source collection is hidden for rendering so as expected if I do a regular render here is what we get :
Render.PNG

But with the same set up, in the viewport I still get the source collection to show :

Viewport render.PNG

To be sure I even unchecked the "visible in viewport" icon in the outliner for both, and it works only for the instance collection :

Viewport render2.PNG

So this is a bit annoying, because I can't really get the viewport rendering to work as I want when I need to test a scene with instances because the sources of those instances are always visible.
However, for final render, it is not a problem and it works as expected.

Thank your for your help

OS = Windows 10
Software = blender 2.83
RPR = 2.4.11

File dropbox link : Dropbox - collectionViewportVsRender.blend - Simplify your life 
To reproduce the issue, simply render the scene using viewport render, and then render the scene using top menu render > render image.

0 Likes
1 Reply
bsavery
Staff

Hi Julian.  We've actually fixed this already and will have a new version out soon!  Thanks for your patience.