cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

joew
Journeyman III

Can't activate the Addon in Blender 2.79

I've run the installation of the ProRenderer 1.7 and attempted to activate it on two separate machines (both running Blender 2.79 and Windows 7 Pro x64) - but so far, no luck.

When I try to activate the Addon in Blender, I get an Assertion Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 370, in enable

mod.register()

File "C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\rprblender\__init__.py", line 175, in register

from . import render  # import render first to initialize pyrpr(can be used in other modules)

File "C:\Users\Joe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons\rprblender\render\__init__.py", line 123, in <module>

assert pyrpr_init(bindings_import_path, rprsdk_bin_path)

Asserti

I have no idea what might be causing this - any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help

0 Likes
2 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Normally this is one of a few things:

1.  You're using a 32 bit build of Blender

2.  You have some unofficial build of Blender that we don't support

3.  Strange hardware configuration. 

Can you check those three things?

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply  

I'm using a 64-bit version - but it's one of the daily builds of 2.79 - (the 2.8 branch) - so maybe that's it(?).

As far as a strange hardware configuration ... I don't think I do - I have two Nvidia cards installed - but I got a similar error when I only had one card installed.

I'm guessing it must be the "unsupported" version of Blender.  Unfortunately, I've gotten to the point where I use some of the newer features, so, I guess I'll wait until 2.8 is officially supported.

Thanks again for the reply

0 Likes