cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

gabrielbcsantos
Journeyman III

Blender crash when activate ProRender (Mac Mojave)

My Blender crash every time I trie to activated AMD ProRender.

I tried with Blender 2.8 and 2.9, and with ProRender 2.8 and 3.0. 
I have a Mac Pro 5.1 (Mid 2010) Mojave 10.14.6 with AMD Radeon RX 580.

Someone can help me? 

7 Replies
woej
Journeyman III

Same problem here... Any help would be nice 🙂

0 Likes
ayekay
Journeyman III

Hello - Have you deselected the OpenGL Interoperability tick box in the Render settings? (It's under <Sampling> <Viewport & Preview Sampling>.

When using an external GPU on mac this tick box has to be unticked.

Hope this helps....

0 Likes

I have the latest version of blender, I can't find what you wrote OpenGL Interoperability tick box in the Render settings? (It's under <Sampling> <Viewport & Preview Sampling>. i tried to find it through google but i can't find it. every time I add ons render: radeonpro render press blender stops in all version. 

0 Likes
Jamster
Journeyman III

Same issue here as well. Have a MacPro 5,1 running Mojave with a RX580.  I know that Pro Render won’t run on the Xeon CPU, but I’ve selected the GPU for processing.

0 Likes

Just upgraded to Big Sur and it still hangs, which suggests the common issue is the RX580 GPU, instead of the OS.  In case this information helps, my GPU is internal.

0 Likes

It was crashed on Blender 2.92. Working fine after upgraded to 2.93. Not all Blender versions are supported. Here's the list:

https://radeon-pro.github.io/RadeonProRenderDocs/en/plugins/blender/installation.html

0 Likes
arozghon
Challenger

Thank you for your request, was checked and confirmed from my side, this issue was marked as critical

thank you!

0 Likes