cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blender Discussions

re7nep
Adept II

Blender(2.81a) Crashes and Exits while trying to render 2.8 File with RPR

I had a Nvidia GT 1030 Graphics. Back at that Time I followed BlenderGuru to Make a Donut! (It was So GREAT) I Could render that Perfectly

But then I switched to Radeon RX580 which I can use to render with Radeon ProRender but only with Newly created 2.81 Blender Files. (eg: cube.blend)

I also Collected the sample from this thread. The Blend file attached https://community.amd.com/thread/240919 here also works. It Renders using 2.81a (Current Version). Even if the fact is that it was a 2.8 File.

But that File (Donut.blend) which was also created using blender 2.8, 5 months ago from now, doesn't render using Radeon Pro Render.

CPU (i3-4150) + Cycles Works Fine for Donut.blend on Both Blender 2.8 and 2.81a

RX580 Gpu + Cycles Doesn't Work for Donut.blend on whatever blender version I use. (Checked way back till 2.79)

RX580 + Radeon Pro Render Doesn't Work for Donut.blend   (Tested on 2.81a, 2.81, 2.81 beta, 2.8, 2.8 beta,)

(Donut.blend won't run on 2.79 as it was created using 2.8)

CPU + Radeon Pro Render Doesn't work for Donut.blend    (Tested on 2.81a, 2.81, 2.81 beta, 2.8, 2.8 beta)

CPU + RX580 + Radeon Pro Render Also Doesn't work

But If I create any New File with 2.81a in Blender Then Radeon Pro Render Works also for that 2.8 created file at that Thread. But My 2.8 Donut.blend Crashes and Shuts down without any Message or Error Message!

I have attached a 2.81a Created Render (cube.png) Which was rendered using Radeon Pro Render!

0 Likes
1 Solution
arozghon
Challenger

Hi! Thank you for the request! this is known issues for materials setup: connected Color Ramp to Displacement Node, now developers working with the current bug fixing. will be fixed in one of the future builds 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
arozghon
Challenger

Hi! Thank you for the request! this is known issues for materials setup: connected Color Ramp to Displacement Node, now developers working with the current bug fixing. will be fixed in one of the future builds 

Thanks Man. I never Had Any Idea That Something Like this can Cause Issues Which can literally  my mind. 

0 Likes

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-prorender-blender-v2-2-blender-2-80-2-81 

So I found this Line Here Under Fixed Issues.....

Fixed an issue of crashing if Color Ramp node was hooked up to displacement. 

(I am using ProRender 2.2, I checked)

0 Likes

yes, bug with Color Ramp was partly fixed, if connect any node to vector input for color ramp node and connect to Displacement - that's provided crash for now

Thanks Again, Sir!!!