cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle Stations

mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Guitar PC - Current project

So I decided to build a PC into an old acoustic guitar so I could hang it on the wall. Still working out a few details, but this is the idea! I used some parts from my OG XBOX PC to check fit and finish before ordering its own parts.

20230611_220137_resized.jpg

20230611_215545_resized.jpg

  

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
7 Replies
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

This is an interesting mod.  The way to demo the completed build is with guitar music.  Will it have any internal speakers, or just outside the shell?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I'm not sure how playable it will be, the whole bottom of the back will be open for IO, it'll look pretty cool though. That, and I think with the cuts I've made, any tension from the strings will pull it apart at the neck joint. the strength in the body isn't there to support it anymore.

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - MSI Tomahawk X670e MB - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - Seasonic Focus V3 GX-1000W PSU - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Well, I mean a recording playing guitar music (maybe Road to Moscow by Al Stewart) coming out of internal speakers.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
Wally_AMD
Community Manager

This is very cool! I actually have a Guitar modded PC at my desk in the office. I'll have to share a photo of it when I'm there tomorrow - I think @Sam_AMD might even have some details on the creation of it (it was before my days here, haha).

Yup! I do!

"While roaming around on the third floor of our HQ I ran into this! An AMD Guitar Mod. I asked the folks that sit near the mod about the builder, and sadly no one knows who created it. So, let's say it's by an "unknown builder". I was surprised to find a mod, right here at our HQ, and even more surprised to see it turn on! It works! It's a small form factor AMD APU-based system complete with two fans. I particularly like how the display is integrated, or rather, placed in the guitar's sound hole, as well as how holes have been cut out for the power switch, USB ports, HDMI, and reset button on the side panel. Lastly, the new sound hole in the shape of the AMD logo is the "final" touch. " 

Check it out: AMD Guitar

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

That's awesome! I definitely want to see a picture of that. The display in the soundhole is brilliant! some real cool mods out there.

Ya, you'll have to share a picture! maybe will give me a couple more ideas as well.