I have a custom built PC with a Radeon HD 7970 in it, the PC is about 2 years old now and it's great for gaming, rendering, mining, etc. etc.
Today I checked out my drivers and under Display Adapters I had an AMD Radeon R9 200 series driver installed.
That was the first time I ever experienced that issue, before I always had an Radeon 7900 series driver, it's a minor problem but it bugs me a lot.
Things I've tried:
- restart PC
- re-install AMD Catalyst
- updated driver in Device Manager
None have worked, or have brought me back to the beginning.
Your card's new name is R9 280.
Here you can check the new card names -> AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If it still bugs you, you can fix this 'problem' by installing an older Catalyst.
Thanks for the answer!
It never happened to me before, that a card just got renamed out of nowhere - I'll bookmark that link you provided.