Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI

Canadianmoose
Journeyman III

CPU wait GPU time

Hello all,

Recently built a new pc with 7900xtx and 7800x3d. A lot of times while playing games like (Overwatch, Valorant, Modern Warfare 3) I get spikes in CPU wait GPU time (30+ms), random crashes, fps drops etc. I have everything on Adrenaline set to default and HYPR-RX at default settings.

Canadianmoose_0-1705288566614.png

0 Likes
4 Replies
LiDAF
Adept II

Its a feature in amd radeon cards Been happening for almost 1 year now. No fix yet!

0 Likes

Not what I was expecting having the "best" AMD had to offer... Can I get a replacement 7900xtx or is will the problem persist with all GPUs?  

0 Likes
LiDAF
Adept II

Its a issue starting with RX 6000+ line up something to do with DXNAVI. Best option is switch to Nvidia or going back to driver 22.5.1 but since you have 7900xtx i don't think going drivers backwards not an good option. This issue is kinda like mostly affected with Valorant than anything other. If you play Valorant competitive i suggest go to NVidia. But if you want to stick to 7900xtx and play valorant there is a another option use driver update ''23.10.1'' This is the same update that VAC banned CS2 players due to a ''anti lag'' bug. And amd removed this driver off their official website but you can still find it on techpowerup website. But keep in mind if you update to this driver. DO NOT INSTALL CS2 OR PLAY.

0 Likes
grzywkaplrks
Adept I

Unfortunately Valorant is kinda unplayable on AMD gpus. I recently upgraded GTX 1080 to RX6700 and I have the same issue. Riot don't give a **bleep** same as AMD. Other games runs fine. It's kinda sad for me because I was immortal player for 2 years in Valorant. So the only option for me to play competitively again would be Nvidia GPU. However maybe it's time to play some other titles if they don't care at all about player base, while this topic is everywhere on Reddit. I don't think it's totally AMD stuff issue. Other shooters runs completely fine, for example The Finals. I think Riot could easily fix it by adding additional DX12 or 11 choose in Valorant.

0 Likes