cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Discussions

Ryzen AI: Getting Started

If you are looking for getting started steps for the Ryzen AI software platform, check out this page! We will continue to build out more tutorials and examples which will be found on the Ryzen AI documentation site.

Getting Started Info.png

0 Likes
6 Replies
Nikanor
Adept I

I followed the instructions in the document to install the IPU driver for my 7840u device, however no AMD IPU device will show up in the device manager. What could be the issue?

0 Likes
Uday_Das
Staff

Hi @Nikanor 

Your message is not noticeable because you replied on a thread that is just introducing getting started tutorial. If there is a new issue, it is better to create a new thread, updating an old thread might not get noticed. 

Regarding your issue, it is possible the IPU is not enabled by OEM. Can you let us know your laptop model details. 

0 Likes

Hi, I have the same problem, AMD IPU is also not showing up in my device manager. My laptop is Lenovo LOQ 15 7840HS 4050 (Model No.82XT003HID).

I have also followed the installation instructions and tried the ResNet model project example. And the model prediction uses a CPU instead of an IPU.

0 Likes

Hi, @ibrasuraya,

It is most likely not enabled in OEM BIOS. I suggest checking with OEM if any new BIOS is available that can enable IPU. 

Thank you

0 Likes
noparapon
Journeyman III

I did everything according to the installation instructions (https://ryzenai.docs.amd.com/en/latest/inst.html). Installation test shows me "Test passed".

Trying to make an "Hello world" tutorial from "Getting Started with Ryzen AI Software" video, but "IPU run" cell raised :

RuntimeException: [ONNXRuntimeError] : 6 : RUNTIME_EXCEPTION : Exception during initialization: CHECK failed: it != end(): key not found: profile

I'm running the HelloWorld notebook on the correct kernel (ryzenai conda environment). System running on ryzen 7840hs.

How can I fix this problem?

PS. By the way, tutorial "getting started resnet" works fine.

0 Likes

OK bro. Follow me on this. 
You have to install the Ryzen AI Software components manually for this to work, instead of from ./install.bat as per the instructions here: https://ryzenai.docs.amd.com/en/latest/manual_installation.html

Make sure you are using Python 3.9, not any other version. 

Activate conda environment

Set following environment variables staying within the conda environment. The 1x4.xclbin file is located in the voe-4.0-win_amd64 folder of the Ryzen AI Software installation package.

set XLNX_VART_FIRMWARE=C:\path\to\1x4.xclbin
set NUM_OF_DPU_RUNNERS=1

After activating the conda environment, install jupyter notebook.

conda instasll jupyter notebook

Then install the ipykernel

conda install -c anaconda ipykernel

Activate the kernel

python -m ipykernel install --user --name=firstEnv

Open jupyter notebook from inside the environment

jupyter notebook

Now when you run the notebook, it will work. 

Saquib_0-1711597086716.png

0 Likes