Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Discussions

sleepersimulant
Journeyman III

Black screens during gaming after upgrade from intel to amd

Hello dear community,

I have upgraded my PC hardware and installed a new motherboard (Asus ProArt X670E), a Ryzen 9 7950X3D, a Corsair RMx Shift White Series, RM1000x Shift White, 1000 watts, and G.Skill Ripjaws M5 RGB (2 x 32 GB, 6400 MHz, DDR5-RAM, DIMM). I already had my graphics card (RTX 3070 TI) before, and it worked without any issues. Now, I have set everything up and installed Windows. Everything is working very well, except when it comes to games. The issue first appeared with League of Legends, where I kept getting a black screen. After disabling C-State, it worked fine there. Now, I have started Destiny 2, and the same problem occurred again. What could be the cause of this? It can't be the graphics card, as it worked without issues before. When I conducted a CPU stress test, the black screen issue reappeared.

Any ideas or solutions? It seems to be a common problem...

Thank you, and best regards!
Sleepersimulant

P.S (I selected "AI" as the location because I couldn't choose "PC Processors" or anything else. Only "AI" (AI Discussions) was available as an option.)

0 Likes
2 Replies
wisticram
Journeyman III

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with warframe and ready or not where my PC shuts off completly when firing these games up I have about 30 seconds before it crashes. I'll spare you the whole series of tests I did but here's what I found. I reinstalled warfame and ran the game on medium settings and was able to play alone for one mission, then I asked my brother to take me to simulacre wich is like training ground. he spawned mobs and killed them with a known frame dropper combo because he was generating particules. as soon as he started opening fire, framerate went from 110 to 70 to 60 to 48 and it crashed instantly. I think this is a graphic buffer either from game developers side or AMD's side. I've had this issue every year for the fourth year in a row now. first off it was on the division, it took 45 mins to crash. I fixed it by updating the chipset drivers on my motherboard directly from ASUS's website. then the next year it was bugframe. I disabled gpu accel in navigator and it started working again. then the year after so last year I got the same issue and I ended up not playing warframe for months. it started working again after a few patches both on windows 11 side and gpu update and game update. now I have the issue again and I figured out there is latency right before it crashes increasingly more as I drop in framerate. there is nothing we can do to fix this it's either on the game dev's side or on AMD's side.

0 Likes
sajjad1122
Journeyman III

The black screen issue during gaming after upgrading from Intel to AMD could be caused by a few factors. Possible reasons include:

1. C-State Settings: Disabling C-State helped with League of Legends, so adjusting power settings further could help.
  2. BIOS Settings: Ensure that your BIOS is up to date and that memory settings (like XMP profiles) are correctly configured.
  3. Power Supply or Driver Issues: Make sure that your PSU can handle the power requirements and that GPU drivers are up to date.

For further troubleshooting, the AMD community might offer additional advice.

0 Likes