cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Discussions

R1ver
Journeyman III

Amuse 2.0 Crashing on Start-up

Just installed the new Amuse 2.0 generative AI tool from AMD today.

Went through the installation multiple times, because it would not start up. The splash window would open, run for two seconds saying 'Amuse 2.0 Starting up...' and would then crash without an error code.

So far, it is not resolved and I have tried the following:

- Reinstalling the tool

- Updating Drivers

- Restarting PC

- Checking Windows Security

- Checking Storage Space

Anyone got the same issue or any idea on how to fix it?

0 Likes
11 Replies

hello for it to work you have to install windows 11 24 h2 and the preview driver 24.20.01.02 me i have an amd ai ryzen 7 8840 hs

0 Likes

Mine keeps crashing with this error during the rendering process.

error Amuse.png

I am using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 graphic card. I don't have the money for a new board.

0 Likes

hello yes it's normal to have AMUSE 2.0 been programmed for AMD technology, but on the other hand for the Nvidia graphics card it is necessary what is at least 8GB of Vram

I have a 6800XT with 16gb and my PC just reboots when I use it.

0 Likes

Your crash is unrelated to my use. My PC switches off.

0 Likes

Had a similar issue and figured out it was my PS.  Switched to a beefier Power Supply which fixed the issues.

0 Likes
Jhonleo02
Journeyman III

You're encountering a common issue with Amuse 2.0. Since you've tried reinstalling, updating drivers, and checking security and storage, consider these additional steps:

• Verify Compatibility: Ensure Amuse 2.0 is compatible with your OS version and hardware.
  • Run as Administrator: Try launching the tool with administrative privileges.
  • Look for Conflicts: Check for any software conflicts.

If the issue continues, explore the official support forums or reach out to customer service for more solutions. Discover more options and updates there.

0 Likes
kamanovich
Journeyman III

Had the same problem and just ran it as administrator which resolved the issue.

0 Likes

Thanks

Run As Administrator and updating to next version did the trick. 

Some of my images are blurred. I am using EZ Mode.

0 Likes
alicemorgan3303
Journeyman III

That sounds frustrating! It seems like you’ve already tried many troubleshooting steps. Have you checked the compatibility of Amuse 2.0 with your system specifications? Sometimes, running it in compatibility mode or as an administrator can help. Additionally, looking for any updates or patches from AMD might resolve the issue. Hopefully, someone in the community has a solution for you!

0 Likes
alicemorgan3303
Journeyman III

That sounds frustrating! It seems like you’ve already tried many troubleshooting steps. Have you checked the compatibility of Amuse 2.0 with your system specifications? Sometimes, running it in compatibility mode or as an administrator can help. Additionally, looking for any updates or patches from AMD might resolve the issue. Hopefully, someone in the community has a solution for you!

0 Likes