Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

noms17
Journeyman III

Why can't I install ProRender?

Hi,

I downloaded Radeon Pro Render for 3ds Max 2019 and I can't install it. When I get to the registration screen, I click on the Register button and the installer freezes. I've also tried to click on continue without registering and it apparently installs, but when I try to select Radeon ProRender in 3ds Max, it freezes the program. I also tried rerunning the installation exe after a 'successful' installation and clicking on repair and it completes the process but I get the same end result.

I don't know if it is not really compatible with 2019 version but definitely the installer file is not ok.

Could you please help me out with this?

i5, 8 GB Ram, WIN10, 3ds Max 2019, 3 AMD cards (RX series)

0 Likes
6 Replies
bsavery
Staff

Please post in the 3dsMax forum. 

So the registration screen should redirect you to a webpage where you fill out a form to get the activation key.  Do you see that?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi, I am not the original poster but I am having the same problem. Is there anything more that you could do to help me?

Hi colinpeek,

There are a few things that you can try:

1. Make sure 3ds Max is not stuck running in Windows task manager.
2. Make sure you don't have a pop up blocker that could be blocking the installer opening a web browser. Check firewall as well.

0 Likes

I tried both of those but neither worked. Anything else?

ernesto55
Journeyman III

Hello, 

try to set a different Web browser as default in windows settings. it might be a issue in specific  browser.

0 Likes
david_s
Miniboss

Hi Noms,

Are you still having this issue with the new release build?

0 Likes