cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max Discussions

New AMD user FumeFX Compatibility

hello, I am a new AMD gpu user I just picked up  AMD Radeon Rx 590 - XFX Radeon Rx 590 Fatboy Core Edition 8GB OC+ 1565M GDDR5 and AMD Video Card 100-505940 AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100 8GB GDDR5 on amazon. I come from a Nvidia background and I am use to certain stuff working right out of the box. I use 3ds max a decent amount and I am learning fumefx Link I emailed their support to make sure that it would work and they said if it can work in max it will work. are there are people on here that have used amd cards and fumefx what is your experience?

0 Likes
4 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi ,

Are you asking if fumeFX is supported with ProRender? Or if it renders on AMD GPUs?

sorry for the confusion, most of the time people use Vray to render Fumefx but Vray doesnt support AMD Gpu, I want to find a render engine that I can do nice renders like Vray and was wondering if ProRender can do that.

0 Likes

Hi,

Currently, ProRender does not support fume FX. However, I will make a feature request for our developers.

0 Likes

thank you, currently enrolled in a class which we use fumefx ill have to figure out how to render it...

0 Likes