cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jay1131
Adept III

Have anyone had audio and directx(driver) problems after latest windows 10 home update? 18.5 for sapphire vega 64 lc.

My desktop was working perfectly fine and i stayed on 18.5 for a long time then out of nowhere i would get flashes while playing ffxiv then no audio, sometimes it would recover and sometimes game would crash hard. If i use directx 11 it would crash hard and give directx error so i use directx9.c. i have to completely restart to get audio back because it bothers me. Had to use my headset to not crash few minutes later but eventually would.Things that i tried was 18.2 drivers, back to 18.5, now 18.7  with clean install. i would troubleshoot and uninstall realtec to use hd audio driver but will happen again hour or two later rather then right away which makes me believe its not power supply, my power supply is 850 watts and never had signs of problems. started messing around and used 3dmark to troubleshoot more. Any slight overclock in radeon setting even +25-50 power slider would hard crash it now. So i just tried presets and if i put it on turbo setting 3dmark crashes but balanced and power saver with hbcc segment on lowest does not but get good results. Never experienced this before and has me stumped. Also my gpu and cpu is always on default settings. My suspect is windows new security updates or possbily a driver. i looked into windows bug/crash report and some recent one was hardware error of course and radeon setting crashes but i looked in advanced report and seen some dll.exe crashes and live kernel events problems that wasnt being reported. i dont have msi update crap on my computer besides gaming app for turning off rgb and msi afterburner but dont use it. Any ideas? Going to try 18.3 drivers and i seen some post about locking the hbm but need help because i cant enjoy my games now.

My system:

Ryzen 7 1700 stock clocks alphacool waterblock 240mm radiator tied into gpu

Msi x370 gaming pro carbon with recent bios 1.g

16gb Corsair vengeance lpx 3000mhz

thermaltake 850w

Sapphire vega 64 blower design with alphacool watercooler kit and lc bios flash up to 1750mhz and 945 memory

LG 32ud59-b on dp

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well, sucks nobody was able to help me. The problem got worse when i started noticing opening up windows updates or any windows based program that my gpu usage shot up on the card to 50% for no reason and would hold it if i didnt click out of the window(not closing it). First time i noticed it was because my Vega 64 would wine and was overstressed with anything. So just fyi couple weeks went by of me sending complaints to microsoft again and last week my computer updated with amd system driver update 1.0.0.55 after trying everything. Wouldnt you know my computer now works again and i can undervolt and raise the power to +50 and modify my clock speeds without any crashes, hmmm its funny how they screwed few peoples computers up and wait a while after others rma and complain to manufacture for months then probably gets fixed if you just didnt give up and get a different brand of gpu. I am now running 1650 mhz/ 960mhz with small undervolt on a LG 32ud59-b  (4k@60hz) no problems again. Im able to enjoy my RPGs (monster hunter world) again. Luckily im switching to Linux mint 19 as soon as steam play proton is working with all games. So tired of Windows poor game management and crap. Oh and also second time this happened to me, had to stop playing ffxiv for almost 3 months first time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
jay1131
Adept III

update: balanced preset with hbcc on. 18.3 (17.50 drivers)

Nier automata works better 60+fps no crashes

grand theft auto works again

Prey works better no crashes

wolfenstein 2 still no

FFXIV played few hours with no crash yet

So still something wrong with changing radeon settings but seems to push the crashes off hours instead of minutes.  still trying to figure it out

0 Likes

Well, sucks nobody was able to help me. The problem got worse when i started noticing opening up windows updates or any windows based program that my gpu usage shot up on the card to 50% for no reason and would hold it if i didnt click out of the window(not closing it). First time i noticed it was because my Vega 64 would wine and was overstressed with anything. So just fyi couple weeks went by of me sending complaints to microsoft again and last week my computer updated with amd system driver update 1.0.0.55 after trying everything. Wouldnt you know my computer now works again and i can undervolt and raise the power to +50 and modify my clock speeds without any crashes, hmmm its funny how they screwed few peoples computers up and wait a while after others rma and complain to manufacture for months then probably gets fixed if you just didnt give up and get a different brand of gpu. I am now running 1650 mhz/ 960mhz with small undervolt on a LG 32ud59-b  (4k@60hz) no problems again. Im able to enjoy my RPGs (monster hunter world) again. Luckily im switching to Linux mint 19 as soon as steam play proton is working with all games. So tired of Windows poor game management and crap. Oh and also second time this happened to me, had to stop playing ffxiv for almost 3 months first time.

0 Likes