cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jamesbondlq
Journeyman III

EDC at 100%

I just built this system finally got to the point where the system isn't randomly freezing. Having issue where the edc is at 97-100% and sometimes throttles to about 2.1 ghz. temps range from 40c-120c depending on the program used to check temp.

cpu: 2700x

motherboard: asrock x470 taichi

power suply: evga gq 750 watt

gpu: evga gtx 1070 TI

ssd: samsung 850 pro

hdd: SEAGATE IRONWOLF 8TB HD

ram: 32GB g.skill ripjaws v 3200

cooler: corsair h100i pro rgb

bios: p1.52 (the beta one that was just released)

0 Likes
3 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

I strongly recommend you change your UserID from your e-mail address.  Hackers delight!

The only temperature reporting SW to depend on is Ryzen Master.  All others should be considered suspect!  I know that EDC will restrict the Precision Boost, but quickly admit I do not know what to do about it.  Here is an article about EDC.  BTW, you can use the 'Insert image' to post images.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Another articleWild guess: the VRM on your MB does not have sufficient current capacity.

0 Likes

Unfourntly it wont let me change my username for some reason. I went into my bios and changed the precision boost from auto to enabled that seems to have helped the issue.but i'm still having where it undervolts to about 0.8v and under clocks all cores to about 2.2ghz.

0 Likes

The only suggestion I have is to open an ASRock Support Request and ask them what they recommend to do about the EDC limit.  I am not an OCer and maybe someone will reply that is.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes