cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

quiccker
Adept I

Gamma \ Brightness, changing by itself after the update.

Some time ago I suffered with the same annoying problem, after updating the driver, the screen gets clearer for no reason after removing the HDMI cable and putting it back, the gamma and the brightness back to normal but after playing a game a screen is clear again.

For about 2 months I did not abandon the driver 18.3.2, this driver does not present this ridiculous change of gamma and brightness of the screen, but yesterday I decided to update to the driver 18.7.1 to see if the problem was corrected and mine board stay updated with updates. What happened ?

I came across again with the same problem of gamma and brightness change for no reason at all. I wanted to know if there is an explanation and a correction for this in this Universe. If there is not, I'll stick with 18.3.2 and if I do not change in any other driver, I'll have to leave AMD after 11 years of use and go back to NVIDIA.

Because I will say with all sincerity, gamma and brightness change after the update for no reason and I want to play a game but the game totally clear and ugly color is getting on my nerves.

0 Likes
1 Solution
5 Replies

Without information about your computer ? INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

adjust brightness

0 Likes

Intel Core i7 7800k
16 GB RAM DDR 4 Corsair
AMD RX 580 8gb

Gigabyte GA h170 Gamming 3 Xtreme

0 Likes

Good Friend, 18.8.1 was a success, I hope the new drivers do not return with the annoying gamma error and automatic brightness. Now my mind is quiet, you know where the error is if it comes back suddenly.

0 Likes

Glad it fixed it for you...if you have Windows10, take the steps necessary to prevent/delay Microsoft automatically installing any different drivers. You may have to use several of the methods outlined here > Windows 10 Help Forums