cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

benchart
Adept III

Relive random dropped frames!

Hi there community and team behind the AMD support.

I've been to make this question for a long time, but I've never made it before because I didn't had any proof at all.
Not I'm full of them

My System:

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Gigabyte HD 7850 2GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • 18.3.3 (but does happen in any driver that I've tested since 17.2.1, not even sure if it goes beyond that.
  • Display Devices
    • Samsung BX2235 @ 1080P/60HZ @ DVI
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Asus M4A785TD-M EVO with the latest BIOS (2104)
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0GHZ OC to 3.6GHZ (this issue does happen even without OC)
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair TX-650W
  • RAM
    • 4x2GB DDR III 1333MHZ

Describe your issue:

• Relive left my video files with some random stutters or framedrops, that don't appear while recording. So basically I can record for example an old game like Max Payne 2 at 1080P/60FPS max settings with vsync, while in-game and recording, I can see the game rendering at 60FPS no stuttering, no micro-stuttering, just a perfect smooth video. Altough when I do watch the recorded video, I notice random inconsistencies like the video being very smooth for the most part, but there are random moments within like 10-30 seconds where the video seems to be recorded at 30FPS instead of 60!

• At first I though it could be because of demanding games, but recently I'd adventured myself in old games like the max payne series, and it happens too.
  • 1920x1080 Max Settings, Vsync 60FPS on both Max payne games, other games were tested but the result were the same, not matter if it was a DX11 game, DX10, DX9 or DX8 game, it turns out I just have proofs for max payne for now.

Here's my full playthrough of Max Payne (which is not publically available just yet): Max Payne | DEAD ON ARRIVAL | Full Game Playthrough [No Commentary] - YouTube
At the roscoe street station, it turns out to be very smooth overall (5:36), altough, in the "Playing it Bogart" at the very start of the level (21:47) we can see improper framepacing of the video while the camera is panning the Hotel Billabord, this happens randomly multiple times in all my videos, and it wasn't noticable during the gameplay, only in the final recorded video. :/
It doesn't matter if I choose lower bitrate or not, the end result is just like that.
Here's more small examples:

• 28:25 to 28:35
  • 42:54 when the car hits the truck, frametimes goes to hell LOL

I've been trying to investigate this issue for months now, messing around with the settings of relive, turning on or off the overclock, try to clean drivers (both with AMD uninstaller or DDU) with multiple different drivers, even tried to record directly to a pen drive instead of the HDD to see if it would alliveate the issue, but that never happened.
Anybody have a clue of what might cause this drops on the videos? It can't be hardware issue, since both CPU and GPU are far from stresses playing Max Payne for example, even disabling the low power states didn't helped which I though it was the culprit, even forced SSAA into the game through drivers to try to make the GPU to stay at it's full clock.
Vram and Ram usage were far from being fully utilized too.

Any tip?

0 Likes
0 Replies