Over the past year we have been working to bring an even better experience to our APU users. Through your feedback, we have been able to fine-tune Radeon™ Software and build new features to support the needs of gamers like you, with the redesigned Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition.
The reworked Radeon™ Software app is now available for Ryzen™ 4000 Series Mobile Processors, full compatibility listed here. This release introduces many of the amazing features first seen on Radeon™ discrete graphics (blog on that here), including a re-imagined interface that places hot, in-demand features at your fingertips. It’s important to know that your Ryzen™ 4000 Mobile Processor product may have an earlier version of Radeon™ Software when you receive it, this driver will not have the same features. The Adrenalin 2020 features are available via download on amd.com.
One of the great features available with this update is that Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition can adapt to what you're doing. For example, if you're on your desktop, the home screen that you see will be different from the one you would see if you were in game. Functions will appear that are appropriate for each scenario so you can easily take advantage of all the powerful features we have to offer.
Turbocharge Your Game with Radeon™ Boost 4
The last thing you want your system to do is get bogged down when an enemy is firing at you. You need a system that is super responsive and fast so you can easily find and track down your target. Radeon™ Boost delivers that extra bit of performance and fluidity when fast motion via mouse input is detected, helping you get out of those sticky situations. Check out the full list of supported Radeon™ Boost game titles (here).
Radeon™ Image Sharpening 3
This advanced contrast adaptive sharpening algorithm helps restore clarity and brings out detail to in-game visuals, while having virtually no impact on performance. Enable this feature in Radeon™ Software and adjust the sharpness levels to your desired setting.
The Radeon™ Anti-Lag feature in Radeon™ Software is designed to help reduce input lag in GPU-limited cases. Radeon Anti-Lag controls the pace of the CPU work to make sure it doesn't get too far ahead of the GPU, reducing the amount of CPU work queued up. As a result, Radeon Anti-Lag can shrink input lag helping to restore the responsiveness to your game, which is ideal for GPU limited scenarios.
Power Saver Profile
Selecting this profile on your Ryzen™ based notebook will enable Radeon™ Chill, Radeon™ Image Sharpening and FreeSync™1 Features, which can help you save power and extend battery life, while delivering a great gaming experience.
Get all these great features and more by downloading Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition today for your Ryzen™ Processors and Radeon™ Graphics equipped notebook, and change the way you game.
Anna Fieger is the Product Marketing Coordinator of Radeon Software for AMD. Her postings are her own opinions and may not represent AMD’s positions, strategies or opinions. Links to third party sites are provided for convenience and unless explicitly stated, AMD is not responsible for the contents of such linked sites and no endorsement is implied. GD-5
1. AMD FreeSync™ technology requires AMD Radeon™ graphics and a display that supports FreeSync technology as certified by AMD. AMD FreeSync™ Premium technology adds requirements of mandatory low framerate compensation and at least 120 Hz refresh rate at minimum FHD. AMD FreeSync™ Premium Pro technology adds requirements for the display to meet AMD FreeSync Premium Pro compliance tests. See www.amd.com/freesync for complete details. Confirm capability with your system manufacturer before purchase GD-127
2. Radeon™ Anti-Lag is compatible with DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 APIs, Windows 7 and 10. Hardware compatibility includes GCN and newer consumer dGPUs Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. GD-157
3. Radeon™ Image Sharpening is compatible with DirectX 11, 12, & Vulkan APIs and DirectX 9 for RX 5000 Series only, and Windows 10. Hardware compatibility includes GCN and newer consumer dGPUs, Ryzen 2000 series and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. GD-156
4. Radeon™ Boost compatibility includes Windows 7 and 10. Hardware compatibility includes Polaris and newer consumer dGPUs, Ryzen 2000 and newer APUs, including hybrid and detachable graphics configurations. No mGPU support. GD-158
5. For game day-0 support and feature availability:
Compatibility and feature availability will depend on system manufacturer and/or packaged driver version, for most up to date drivers visit AMD.com GD-164