Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

calisun
Journeyman III

DP to DVI adapter not working on Radeon RX 5700 XT

I am trying to use 3 monitors

Card has 3 DP and 1 HDMI outs.

My monitors are: 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI.

1st monitor, I have DP->VGA adapter, that is working fine.

2nd monitor, HDMI directly to the card, that is working fine.

3rd monitor, DP->DVI adapter, it is Not working.

When I plug it in, Windows gives me a "ping" that it is seeing it and when I go to Display Settings, it is showing the 3rd monitor, but nothing is displayed. Monitor keeps showing me "No Signal".

At first I thought I might have a defective adapter, so ordered a new one. Just arrived today and same thing, nothing.

I know the monitor is working, it works fine on another computer. 

System used: Windows 10Pro on HP Z620 (20 core 2X Xeon E5-2680v2)   64GB

0 Likes
6 Replies
calisun
Journeyman III

Forgot to mention, I downloaded latest driver, but that did not help.

Driver Version
20.10.17.01-200525a-355166E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020

0 Likes
calisun
Journeyman III

After digging around other forums, I see this statement: "use of an Active DP-DVI"

I looked on Amazon and found that the adapter I purchased, does not say "Active".

I did find one that states:

"Active DVI to DisplayPort adapter converter supports multiple monitors with AMD Eyefinity Multi-Display Technology compatibility"

I know that the description is backwards, but the title and picture shows me that it is DisplayPort to DVI.

Just ordered it, will report back once I get it.

0 Likes
calisun
Journeyman III

My New Active adapter arrived, and no luck. My monitor keeps telling me "No Signal"

The adapter did say it is Active, am I missing something?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EDT01TO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

0 Likes
calisun
Journeyman III

Well, it is going on two weeks since my last comment and no response. That could be one of two things, nobody knows the answer or nobody cares. In either case that is unacceptable for  for company the size of AMD.

I am also very disappointed with AMD technology.

Few years back (in the days of Windows 7) I bought GeForce GT 640 for under $100.00, because it has ability to plug in 3 monitors, it worked great without any issues (plug and play). Couple of years ago I upgraded my computer to windows 10 and I just swapped over the GeForce GT 640 to the new computer. It also worked without any issues (plug and play).

Now I paid $400.00 for Radeon RX 5700 XT, and I can't get it to display to 3 monitors?

So is sub $100 Nvidia better than $400 AMD??

Unless someone has some solution for this issue, this will be my last AMD purchase.

0 Likes

I have disabled eyefinity and controlling the monitors through Windows Display Settings.

Display settings see all 3 monitors, but same as before, only 2 monitors work. Windows can see monitor that is using DP to DVI adapter, but monitor keeps telling me "No Signal"

Anybody has any suggestions???

0 Likes

If you disconnect the 2 working monitors and then boot with just the DVI monitor connected do you get any display?

0 Likes