AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issues installing and running AMD uProf

Question asked by yorlik on Jun 4, 2020
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2020 by yorlik

Hello!

I am currently trying to install AMD uProf to profile an application on my new 3900x system (Windows 10, latest) and am having issues with it.

I used the Windows download from the bottom of this page: https://developer.amd.com/amd-uprof/ 

The installer stopped when trying to install "Microsoft Debuggers and Tools x64" and after it didn't work a couple of times (also tried using the installer directly in admin mode) I chose to ignore this and chose install anyways. I could finally finish the installation. I have the latest Miscrosoft VS Community Edition installed already - I am not sure if this caused this issue (devenv wasn't running when I installed).

I finally managed to start sampling an application, but uProf now crashes when the sampling is being stopped and the data is being processed.

I managed to profile another, smaller application, one of my tests, without problems.

The application crashing uProf is a heavily multithreaded server, which compiles and runs without issues. The data sampled was only from about a couple of seconds, in the kilobyte range.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ~Chris

Addendum:

I looked at the Windows Event Viewer for the crash of uProf and got this data:

Faulting application name: AMDuProf.exe, version: 3.2.225.0, time stamp: 0x5dccf1da
Faulting module name: AMDExecutableFormat.dll, version: 3.2.225.0, time stamp: 0x5dcceef6
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000003ae04
Faulting process ID: 0x67fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d63adaf7f36769
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\AMDuProf\bin\AMDuProf.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\AMDuProf\bin\AMDExecutableFormat.dll
Report ID: 98c97a1d-3f80-4c1b-badc-efaea979a181
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Outcomes