AnsweredAssumed Answered

B450 Tomahawk and Ryzen 3600 idle reboots

Question asked by greyvelvet on May 15, 2020
Latest reply on May 16, 2020 by greyvelvet

Hey everyone! I just upgraded my PC the other day and have been running into a bizarre issue.

Specs
Mobo – MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX
CPU – Ryzen 3600 w/ hyper 212 cooler
RAM: 2x8b corsair vengeance 3200mhz
PSU: 750w thermaltake toughpower
GPU:1060 6gb

So everything's been working fine and games run well and there's no immediate issues.
But when left idle for a few hours on the desktop the computer will randomly restart.
Nothing comes up in the windows event viewer about it.

I've stress tested using prime95 for hours. It sits just below 80c under full load, no reboots or instability.

I've run MemTest86 to rule out the RAM and it's made 1 pass so far with no errors.

I've re-installed Windows, and changed Ryzen Power Profiles from Balanced to High and all that, and still nothing.

I've updated the bios and installed all the appropriate AMD chipset drivers and Windows updates etc.

Does anyone have any idea what this could be? It ONLY happens when idle for about 4 hours. But never under load or when I'm using the computer. Very very frustrating. Is there any other diagnostic stuff I could try or any suggestions on what it could be? Could the RAM be running at too high a mhz despite websites saying it would be compatible?

Outcomes