cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

nebula
Adept I

Radeon Software Adrenalin 20.. causes flickering, black screen, green screen, crash only when I launch a game

Hello, first of all sorry for my english, I'll try to do my best.

Setup:

- Windows 10 Pro (last update)

- Ryzen 7 3700X

- 16 Go RAM 3000 MHz Corsair Vengeance pro RGB

- MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

- Power supply : Corsair HX650W

- Two monitor, one 27" 1440p (Displayport), other one is 27" 1080p (HDMI).

So to describe very easly what's my problem :

- All my drivers / bios are updated

- I bought a RX 5700 XT (more precisly the MSI Evoke OC)

- I install the driver for the GPU. Here are the problems

Every time I launch a game recognize by Adrenalin 20.. (I'll explain that later) my screen flickers (that's the most common) but I can also have black screen, green screen, some times it can even crash my whole computer etc.

Why I say "Adrenalin 20.." because : I tested with sooo many versions, 19.12.1, 19.12.3, 20.2.1, 20.2.2 etc. It changes nothing.
When I say "a game recognize" it's because, for example, when I launch "osu" which isn't, I don't know why, recognize my Adrenalin 20.. it works. But every time I launch a game which is recognize by Adrenalin 20.. there are the bugs.

So, I find a great solution, install only the driver and not driver + Adrenalin software. I find a tutorial on youtube to do it. Now it works perfectly, for any games.

But it's not finished, I want to unlock the max speed fan limit / change the fan curve because I don't know why but it's limited to only 52%. For example, on Battlefield 5 I was at 102°C (215,6°F) but my GPU fans were only at 52%! But I can't without the Adrenalin 20.. software! I tried MSI Afterburner, but the temp aren't the good ones! I think Afterburner choose the bad sensor (GPU temp and not GPU Hot spot temp).

So please, I just want to use my GPUp eacefully. How can I use Adrenalin 20.. without these bugs? Or more simply, how can I just unlock the max fan speed / fan curve?

2 Replies
nebula
Adept I

Okay so here's the summary of my few mails with the French AMD support:

1st mail:

- check if windows 10 is updated.

- install last version of BIOS  / Chipset.

- Use AMD Cleanup Utility.

- Uninstall MSI Afterburner, it can cause bug / crash etc.

- See if your system isn't corupted.

- send a "Dxdiag" report.

2nd mail:

- what is your power supply?

- do you still have crashs when only one monitor is connected?

- your monitors don't have the same refresh rate (one is 144hz the other one is 60hz), try to put them at the same

- check if you use a 8pin + 6pin connector for your GPU?

- do you use a "Riser" cable to connect your GPU to your motherboard? If so, try without.

- can you test your GPU on another computer?

- send a "Belarc Advisor" report.

3rd mail:

- is this a new build? If not, were you using a NVIDA GPU before? If yes, it can be the problem, try "DDU" (display driver uninstaller).

Yeah so after all of that. Nah it still didn't work. So I decided to reinstall windows 10 pro. And now it works good.

So if you have the same problem, maybe you should consider to:

totally reinstall windows

Good luck

0 Likes
nebula
Adept I

Okay just quick update. I know what causes all this flickering etc. It's f..ing MSI Dragon Center. Never install this garbage. Totally buggy and useless.