cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

omnistriker2
Journeyman III

19.12.2 is a bad driver for my 5700xt

Call of Duty Modern Warfare crashes every time I try to run it. The game ran fine on 19.12.1.  Dev errors and fatal errors occur right after shaders are installed from the game or when loading a match.  Running in safe mode keeps it from crashing but when I turn the resolution from its default to 1440p it crashes with a black screen , audio still going and I cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL out of it.  I have to upscale because I use a 1080p native monitor and want the simulated 1440p experience.   Even Warframe was dropping frames. I used to stay at 144 fps with 19.12.1 , but  it drops to 100 whenever there is action on the screen with the newest driver. 

It seems super resolution is broken , or GPU scaling is broken, or both.  I tried doing clean installs , using DDU and the AMD  clean utility but it did not fix it. I tried turning freesync off, and enhanced sync off. It did not fix it. 

I am back on 19.12.1 and running stable.   These new features on the 2020 adrenalin edition are not worth the hassle. I would hope that AMD gets more QA personnel to test these drivers before they release them.  

System Specs :

Ryzen 2700 stock

16gb CAS16 3000mhz RAM

Sapphire Pulse 5700xt

Boot drive on SSD

1080p 144hz monitor upscaled to 1440p. 

17 Replies
klaus0815
Adept I

Exact the same problem here. Every time enhanced sync is on the game (every game) freezes after 3-4 seconds. The sound plays on. Tabbing out of the game and back works for another 3 seconds.  I try a  lot of things, nothing works. Only deactivate enhanced sync. I want to use enhanced sync instead of v- sync because the input lag is a lot better with enhanced sync. So the only solution for me is switch back to 19.12.1 and wait till amd is fixing the problem with a new driver version.

System Specs :

Ryzen 5 3600x stock

16gb CL16 3333mhz RAM

Powercolor RX 5700 stock

Bootdrive NVME 1TB

1080p 60hz Monitor

Greetings from Germany

0 Likes
sanpedro
Newcomer

Do you use the overlay ever?  If so, does it randomly close?  If not, could you try.  I'm just asking because I also have the Pulse and had a game crashing error (BF V).

0 Likes
treathrys
Adept I

I'm running the XFX 5700 XT, and pretty similar build. The same thing happened to me. I had to complete uninstall all AMD drivers/software and reinstall to get my games working again. 

Do you wanna say, after a clean uninstall of all drivers and install the newest 19.12.2 driver afterwards enhanced sync works?

0 Likes

I have same issues. I didn't found any solution about vrm usage at call of duty modern warfare. I am playing at 1080 p and 60 hz all my games . I always get same problems. Witcher 3 is freezing ,Call of duty mw2019 is using a lot of Vram and Rdr2 sometimes is stutturing . Is Amd working on it. Because they wrote fixed at 1080 p stuttering at previous drivers relaese notes but still i am getting same troubles

0 Likes
l_yy
Adept I

me too,i cant install 19.12.2,AMD????

0 Likes
samanny
Adept II

I have a brand new pc built. Its been 2-3 weeks. I am running only 1 Monitor. I only have one. I finally got time to install windows and start my new pc 3 days ago. 

Saphire Pulse 5700XT, gave me a blank screen. No signal on AOC 24 inch monitor. No sound either. Did a hard restart and it happened again 5 minutes into the game.

Is this just something I'll have to deal with or has anyone had any success, I don't know if I could return the card since it's out of the box now and its almost been a month. very disappointed to switch to amd, am i going to regret this ?

0 Likes
klaus0815
Adept I

Greetings. Today the new driver 19.12.3 was released. in the fixed issues there was some things that fixed axaktly our problems. Who want to test?

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-12-3

0 Likes

Looks like I'm about to guinea pig it...wish me luck! 

0 Likes

still the same, maybe some heavy crashes have been fixed, but still the frame drops and lag spikes are there with 19.12.3

stay with 19.12.1

0 Likes
horas12
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. I went back to 19.12.1 and it works fine.

0 Likes
klaus0815
Adept I

Okay, i testet it too. The games no longer freeze when enhanced sync is activated. The missing frame lock can be adjusted using the radeon chill option. there simply set both vaules to eg 60 for a 60hz framelock. BUT, with this version I get horrible microstutters in every game. the frame rate is very constant. Neither the CPU nor the graphics card are fully utilized.  I try a lot of things to eliminate this but nothing works. it doesn't matter what I set in the driver, the microstutters are always there. Back to 19.12.1, the microstutters are gone, the picture ist perfectly smooth.... I don't know what amd is doing with this driver versions, but they must stop this.... In this year I stay at this driver. I have no desire to worry about bad drivers. 

0 Likes
squuiid
Adept I

5700 XT here.
Both 19.12.2 and .3 are a crash fest when running Civilization VI. Went back to 19.12.1 and stable again.

Although Doom 2016 is still poor in all of them.

0 Likes

19.12.3 started off great, until I launched RL and PoE, it was a crash fest after that...

I had to roll back to 19.12.1 to get stable gameplay in all of my games again. 

Im just going to hold off until they can get the drivers stable. 

0 Likes
merlin6r
Adept I

Same here. Pulse 5700. 12.2 and 12.3 working badly for me, no crashes but smoke/fire causes nasty black artifacts and in MW2019 I'm getting very low quality textures on the rocks in the Azhir Cave map and low textures on random cars in Piccadilly map. Its weird, one car is fine but the one next to it is super low texture quality. Gone back to 12.1 for now.

Not really worried, AMD are so frequent with their driver updates that sometimes there's a bad one. No big deal, I just wait a couple of revisions and skip over them. And I find that AMD always seem to manage to pull lots of performance improvements of of their cards over the course of the driver development so the odd bad driver is something I'm willing to endure. When nvidia had the black texture problem on Battlefield 3 my friends had to endure that for weeks and weeks. The previous nvidia driver crashed BF3 so they didn't have a driver to roll back to...

0 Likes
lordhuy3333
Journeyman III

Black screen happens when I run my game in RX5700XT  for a while such as dota 2, state of decay 2, etc. I back to 19.12.1 and everything are fine, I think the new driver is really bad (more function but unstable), maybe the next update will better.

I was able to get 19.12.3 to work after using their utility to completely wipe all of the previous drivers/settings from my PC and just installing 19.12.3 alone. The only game that is still causing graphical glitches for me is Rocket League. 

0 Likes