cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

waumir
Adept I

NOTEBOOK EMACHINES D442 -V081 CHIPSET North Bridge: AMD RS880M South Bridge: AMD SB800/850

My NOTEBOOKS EMACHINES D442-V081 PROCESSOR IS 2.3GHz, came as the original AMD V Series V140 processor - VMV140SGR12GM; 2gb DDR3 1333; HM43_DN motherboard. It works, but when I put the dual-core AMD Turion II mobile P560 - TMP560SGR23GM, it gives no video and no POST. On the Emachines website, there is no processor update information. I updated the BIOS to version 1.09, but was unsuccessful. The motherboard chipset is: North Bridge - AMD RS880M and South Bridge - AMD SB800 / 850.

Could you tell which processors are compatible with this notebook or motherboard?
Other information, I am Brazilian, I don't know if I can post in Portuguese, so I translated it into English.
Thank you in advance ..

0 Likes
15 Replies

Only the OEM can tell you which processors are compatible with their customized products. The problem for you is that eMachines was bought by Gateway in 2004 and then Acer bought Gateway in 2007, who then discontinued eMachines, so finding support for it will be difficult, but given its age, there is no meaningful upgrade you can give to that computer. 

0 Likes
waumir
Adept I

Hi, I did one more search in the informed sites and found nothing more. I found a document from AMD (AMD SB810 / 850), but not specifically, is there any exact documentation of the North Bridge - AMD RS880M and South Bridge - AMD SB800 / 850 chipset used on the eMachines HM43_DN motherboard? Thank you in advance ...

0 Likes

I would suggest you contact Emachine Support. They could give you a list of supported Processors for your Emachine from here: Contact Us 

At CPU World it gives all the CPUs that are supported by your Motherboard's Socket S1 (S1g4):http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket_S1_(S1g4).html 

You need to Contact Emachine Contact to see if the latest BIOS update on your machine will support which of the Processors mentioned above.

If you purchase a processor that will fit in your motherboard socket but is not supported by BIOS it won't boot up.

0 Likes

The Out-Of-Warranty Support is very expensive. For only one issue they charge $130.00 that will be good for 30 days.

I would try the Warranty first even if it is out of warranty.

I found a old Tom's Hardware thread 2013 where a Brazilian User with a eMachine was asking the same question about upgrading the CPU. The User used the same Contact website as the one I gave you except it was Gateway Support and not eMachine Support. But same info.

Hello good day! So ... I had already done this search on the CPU Word site, with sockets S! Still, thank you ... I had chosen the one of equal power consumption, not to overload and updated the BIOS, on the eMachines website, to the latest version number 1.09. I ordered a Turion II P560 (25w) and then went to the store and tested a Phenom II 3.2ghz both gave no POST ..... If we take into account the CPU-Word site, and the BIOS version 1.09 updated is correct, I think besides the processor upgrade issue, maybe the motherboard is defective.

0 Likes

The BIOS version must be able to support the CPU. You need to contact Emachine and find out which CPUs that BIOS Version supports.

As I mentioned earlier, if the BIOS doesn't support the CPU it won't boot up. But if you find out the BIOS does support one of the CPU's you tested then it could possibly be a defective hardware.

Does the motherboard have any Trouble LEDs or abnormal BEEPS when you power up?

Yeah .... I almost conclude this, because on the site https://www.hardmob.com.br/threads/590451-upgrade-de-processador-num-notebook-Acer-D442-V081-e-possivel, he updated bios and used a Phenom and it worked, even with the information or rather, observation of the CPUWord site you underlined on it, about compatibility of a specific motherboard.

Thanks again ... I will take a new look at the information you provided with gratitude. Good Morning!

Hi, you're online ...... good! ... This is 9:24 am in the morning.
As for the sound messages, it does not make any sound: it turns on and off, but no video, no POST and no sounds ...

0 Likes

When i return the original AMD V Series V140 processor - VMV140SGR12GM, it returns to work ...

0 Likes

That shows the BIOS you have installed doesn't support the other processors.

Even though you probably don't have a Warranty anymore, try opening a ticket with Emachine and see if they can tell you which processors you can upgrade with the BIOS you have installed.  Hopefully they won't leave you a message saying that you are not under Warranty anymore and to contact so and so. But no harm in trying.

waumir
Adept I

Hi! Thank you very much .... I tried to contact their website from the beginning, but to this day, I don't know why, they gave no feedback. I even tried to communicate with opera browser, mozila and chrome, but nothing so far.

0 Likes

Try contacting Acer Support that now owns Gateway and Emachines. They should be able to direct you on the information that you need.

Here is how to contact Acer Support: Contact Acer | Quick Response for Tech and Customer Service 

It is a good chance Acer Support is going send you to AnswersBy if you don't have an active Warranty. But AnswersBY  is a paid service and not free.

Here is AnswersBY Pricing:

waumir
Adept I

Hi! Thank you very much .... What time is it and where are you posting?

0 Likes

It is 0730 AM from South Florida USA.

I believe as mentioned by Black Zion in the first reply in this thread that it is better to just upgrade to a more modern supported Computer PC/Laptop if you can afford it or it is within your financial budget.

waumir
Adept I

Thank you very much for your attention .... I joined the ACER chat, but they said it was not possible to provide this kind of support, however I did a long research and found that there were two models of similar motherboards for sale on the free market, with AMD and INTEL versions, AMD is: Acer Aspire 4252 4552 Motherboard Pn: Da0zqamb6c0 Rev: c, amazingly, even has the link: Placa Mãe Acer Aspire 4252 4552 Pn: Da0zqamb6c0 Rev:c - R$ 390,00 em Mercado Livre , I asked the seller which processors this card supports, I will wait for his answer to review; maybe this might help ... Unfortunately I also found out that this D442 also gives BGA defect, overheating.