cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jcrowley
Journeyman III

no Catalyst Control Center after Win 10 installation

I have been unable to open CCC after a Windows 10 upgrade on my computer.  Somehow Windows has removed all traces of ANY peripheral hardware/software so no monitor drivers, they have instead installed "generic PnP monitor" no audio driver or software for on-board  - instead I have "High Definition" Audio Device of which it is neither High or Definition.   This all worked very well in Win7 64-bit.  This is what is inside...

DESKTOP-BPPLK02

Processor:  AMD A8-5600 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 Cores)

3.60 GHz

RAM:  32.0 GB (3.12) useable

Device ID:  2944B68E-07DE-443E-9CAE-8CC909AAE948

Product ID 00326-10852-48007-AA051

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

No pen or touch input is available for this display.

For Devices from Computer Management - there is no multi-media Audio Controller and cannot update because Windows does not recognize my "device".

M/B:  msi-FM2-A85XA-G43

Audio:  Realtek® HD Audio - unable to fix sound issues since upgrade - unable to open Realtek Manager as well.

Unable to fix graphics issues because I cannot view CCC at all even from the device Manger.  The button is there but CCC does not open.  Graphics worked perfectly on CoredDraw and Photoshop and GIMP but now there are issues with something that has been turned off in Win10.  

Tried to speak with the MicroSoft folks but apparently all they are able to do is send me into circles by saying things like.  Well, then upgrade your system, or download a new driver - non of that is practical for me at this time and yet I remain quite unproductive because of a myriad of issues.

0 Likes
1 Reply

First you have a very old FM2 Motherboard.

Have you tried installing the Windows 10 drivers from your motherboard Support site: Support For FM2-A85XA-G43 | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI USA 

This is the only A8-5600K with HD7560D shown at AMD Download page: https://www.amd.com/en/support 

Here is the Release Notes and Driver download: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a8-series-apu-for-desktops/a8-5600k-rad... 

You have a APU that is Legacy and not supported with any more AMD Driver updates. You have a choice of two last drivers to install. A WHQL or BETA Driver.

First install the last AMD CHIPSET for Windows 10 from your Motherboard Support. Also the Realtek Windows 10 drivers.

Remove the current AMD Driver from your computer using DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in Safe Mode with the Internet disconnected. Run DDU and when it finishes and reboots back into the Windows 10 Desktop, Delete C:\AMD Folder if present. Now install the Full AMD Driver Package with the Internet STILL DISCONNECTED. When it installs successfully, reconnect the Internet and again delete C:\AMD from the Root Directory.

Go to Device Manager and see what errors are showing or Yellow Exclamation marks. If any, please post an image of Device manager showing the errors or yellow exclamation marks. 

If none of the errors or yellow exclamation marks can be fixed by "Upgrading" the Driver via Device Manager then we need to see what hardware is having issues so that a driver can be located and downloaded. Thus the image of Device Manager with errors or Yellow Exclamations marks being posted.

`