AnsweredAssumed Answered

Constant Crashes and Graphical Faults with 5700 XT and Ryzen 7 3800X

Question asked by nanoshinonome on Oct 6, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 11, 2019 by brunoalves20015

Hello AMD Community

I am not a happy customer.

This is my 4th PC Build and the only one that has given me intensive problems. I swapped from Intel/Nvidia to give AMD a shot and to my dismay it has not worked out.

Just a little background about me - I am fairly computer literate, I'm a power user, software dev, etc. computer is life, computer is love.

I've attached my DxDiag to this post, but here is the gist of my build

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor   

Card name: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT

Mother Board: ASUS AMD AM4 ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX

RAM: 32gb (4x8gb) Vengeance LPX 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600

PSU: CORSAIR RMx Series RM1000X 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD
HDD: Seagate IronWolf 8TB NAS Hard Drive

Monitor 1: BENQ 1440 via DisplayPort

Monitor 2: LG 1080 via HDMI

Current Adrenaline: 19.9.3, but I have tried many different versions.

Current Chipset: Also 19.9.3 according to Amoury Crate, again I've used many different versions in an attempt to fix the issue.

I also use a plethora of other devices and such, and perhaps that is causing the issue, however none of these devices caused the constant crashes that I had on my previous build.

I will provide any information as needed so I can help correct my issue.

Here are the two primary issues that I have:

I primarily play the popular game League of Legends. I also dabble in OverWatch as well as many retro games, emulators, etc. I also produce videos using PowerDirector and Stream with StreamLabs.

When playing any game the top quarter of my BENQ monitor will glitch out. It most of the time happens over a second of time and blinks back. In my attached "Screen Shot 1", here is kind of what it looks like. The top part of my monitor will go black. Then a second later it will be back and good. While this is a problem, it is at least serviceable and I don't mind it too much.

My next problem is when graphical elements are not loaded or loaded in an errored state. When I load Overwatch, parts of models do not load or load incorrectly. For example the hair of a character will often look terrible, pixelated, and a glitch mess. Other times some models, UIs, etc. will simply not load. This isn't very fun when I don't get information that I need. This also frequently happens with League of Legends UI. The launcher frequently freezes, doesn't load icons, doesn't load menus, etc.

The worst problem out of all is when my entire computer freezes up and crashes. This happens at least once or twice a day, and I have a method to replicate it. In League of Legends I will join a multiplayer lobby. At first things will be fine. I click "find match" and somewhere between the "find match" and the lobby loading, my entire computer will freeze and my monitors will go black. I would say 25% of the time, the GPU/CPU "reboots" somehow and I can actually continue on after the freeze, even though most of the graphics aren't loaded and it's a pretty terrible state to work with. Most of the time, the monitors will stay blacked out, and I will have to do a hard reset. 

Crashes also happen with every game, but because I play LoL the most, it happens there most of the time, and I have a way to replicate the crash.

I can upload any logs as needed, please let me know how I can get you my error logs from AMD devices (if possible).

Thanks

Attachments

Outcomes