cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

oleckliter
Journeyman III

AMD RAIDXpert2 Management Suite for Microsoft® Windows - X570 motherboard - separate utility - source?

Hi:

The AMD docs (https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/amd-raidxpert2_user_guide.pdf), page 65, state,

"Windows® – AMD-RAIDXpert2 Management Suite
1. Obtain the latest executable file from your system supplier, motherboard vendor, or from https://www.amd.com/support. Download the file to the system’s desktop, execute it and follow the on-screen prompts...."

I contacted my motherboard supplier, Gigabyte (X570 chipset), and they said the only thing they received was a driver bundle which is suppose to include the utility (a zip 'd file which unzips to one exe and a readme - no ability to select the utility).  When I run the exe there is NO utility - and I've looked "everywhere" for it.  And...there is no download that I could find on the AMD site.  So...where can I obtain that utility?

For reference, this is a Win 10 Pro install (1809, not 1905) on a RAID 1 array of (2) Samsung NVMe SSDs.  It has been running fine but, based on past experience with Intel boards, the "provided" utility is the ONLY way to see SMART status  - to both see if a drive is about to fail and the serial number of the drive so, if there is s failure, you can pull the correct drive and replace it so the utility can do a rebuild.

The whole reason I built this new system is to get RAID 1 support.  If that utility is not there I'm totally blind just waiting for the day one of the drives fails.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
oleckliter
Journeyman III

Resolved...informative how...Gigabyte tech support (US - Robert) tested the RAID install at their US HQ and found that, after you accept the license to the RAID driver install, you then get a screen that allows you to de-select the driver install, leaving the utility install selected. 

NOTE:  Since the actual RAID drive setup, including driver install, is done during OS install, it appears there is NO reason to run the driver install AFTER OS install...but that is the only way you are presented with the opportunity to install the utility.  Would be great if the install docs noted that the RAID setup is TWO-step or you don't get the utility. Hint, hint.

One almost-heart-failure issue was that, at the end of the utility install, I got a "CRITICAL warning, array 2 is now offline"....panic!!!  The utility flagged my removable HDD as array 2, i.e., "assumed" it was an array and flagged it being offline.  Until you run the utility you cannot see that.  VERY disconcerting!!!

Issue closed.

0 Likes