cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vivvi
Journeyman III

Ryzen 7 1800x constantly running at 100%

My Ryzen 7 1800x is constantly running at 100% CPU and I cannot find a cause for it.

I can stop the current most used process according to Task Manager but then it seems that some other process then goes to occupy it.

Full System Specs:

MSI B450 Tomahawk

Ryzen 7 1800x

Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

16gb 3000mHz Corsair Vengeance RAM

2TB HDD 7200RPM

Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250gb

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Windforce

EVGA 750w 80+ bronze power supply

0 Likes
6 Replies

When Windows Defender is running a scan it will have a very high CPU load (MsMpEng.exe).

Also Discord with the accompanying games seems to be active also placing a high CPU load.

Wait a couple of hours and see if the CPU is back to normal. The Windows Defender should have finished its scan by then.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

vivvi, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  I have a real AV and do not use Windows Defender for this very reason.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

pastedImage_1.pngUpdate: I've done a completely clean install of Windows and those are still the temps ^ but the issue hasn't fixed
pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

vivvi, where did you get your copy of W10?  If it is the one that came installed on your HW, I recommend you DL a fresh copy from "Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File) - Microsoft" and install it after a format of your C: disk.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Windows Defender does its job best against most major threats.

0 Likes
ujwal
Adept I

I had the the same problem. Get a nice anti-virus and anti-malware program and then clean your PC. But go full scan not a quick scan. This problems is caused due to BIOS updates sometimes or due to virus issue. Cleaning virus should do the job as it worked for me. Or else try clearing CMOS after cleaning virus. Also if you are using cracked softwares and games, Plz dont install in a drive which bears your operating system. Usually cracks and patches of cracks contain viruses. While reseting CMOS go through your Motherboard Manuel

0 Likes