cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

warsun
Challenger

Complaint. AMD authentication for AMDRewards.com

This is the worst thing you can do. I do not use windows updates because they specifically slow down performance,create vulnerabilities. An creates backdoor's to Windows. It even resets the systems authentications claiming you do not have a valid windows version. My version IS valid. But it disabled that version when i upgraded. So upgrading is a bad idea.

So you creating this program of authentication. It the worst thing you could have come up with the  way it is. Epic Gamestore, Steam and UBSoft already have validation methods. So this is just spitting on your customers. My version an many others are using version of .NET Framework 4.6 We do not have 4.7 That requires installing the latest updates. An the latest updates are FULL of Bloadware.

Unnesseary defense programs that do not defend anything. Forced Bing,Gamers panel. an other ..... things.... that some of us do not want to use. Why is there no option to turn these off? Because its Microsoft. An microsoft does not give you options. So i would reprectfully demand that you remove the current version of Authentication please.

Because with it there. I have a negative opinion of your company. You could just give us the codes.An we install them. Not this garbage. An i call this garbage because this is the method. Lets say i do not have a subscription with these places.

I have to have a Newegg account. Fine. I Buy the product an get the code in my Newegg account.

I have to go to my Email to see the code with is also encrypted. From my mail i have to go to AMDRewards.com.

From there. I have to create an account.Put in my name location personal information an create an account.

You are now logged in to AMDRewards.com It tells me to go get the code from your email.

You log into your Email. Get the code an verify you are not signed up with AMDRewards.com. So you put in the code. So now have to go to a new location an sign up with UBSoft an follow the instructions.

From there. I have to create an account.Put in my name location personal information an create an account.

Now go to your email to verify your account.

You now have a UBSoft account. You can now add the game. An you do it that way.

So now the next game.Which is on Epic Gamestore.

You now have a Epic Gamestore account. Now you add the game.

So now you have that. Now your third game.

Now you are signed on with Steam.

Are you getting the picture. All this added security is already in place. You don't need more security an it angering the customer.

Because now You get your code from Newegg. An it tells you to send the code to your email. You get the code an you go to AMDRewards.com an try to enter the code. it STOPS YOU! An says you need to install this third party program AMD authentication program to continue.

I am not recommending AMD if you are going to do this type of thing. The reason i say this is because I also build computers. An for each one of the games i get. I have to ask these people whats their email. OK i need an authentication code to put in.An i have to go the whole 9 yards with these people. So again. Just give us the codes. Stop this madness. No one asked for this authentication nonsense. just remove it.An please stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

39 Replies

FYI if you think you just complained to AMD, you didn't. This forum is USER TO USER only, meaning we are all end users here just like you. If you want to complain to AMD about the rewards process which I personally agree is a mess in general you need to do that at the rewards website. Online Service Request | AMD 

0 Likes

Oh wonderful. Well i`m not retyping that. I`ll just copy paste it. An thank you.

0 Likes
qwixt
Forerunner

The first validation is so that amd can verify that you have hardware needed to redeem the code. Just using firefox has always worked for me. Never installed a 3rd party program to verify anything.

You might want to consider Linux if you are against updating your OS.

OK heres the skinny. They added a new function that when you log in an it says give your code. They changed it. Now it lowers a window an says install this third party program. Authentication. An you will then think. Why? I have the code i got from my Email. Why should i have to run an authentication? What someone can have my long in name and identity? Some one got the code from someone else an just happens to have an account already? Either way they have the code. Just give them the code. You can redact the account if its fake.

No. They want you to log in first. Giving your identity then run an authentication......That's not bloody necessary!

0 Likes

Agreed that obtaining, verifying, and installing Ubisoft Tom Clancy's The Division 2 free with Ryzen 2700x purchase was far too complicated and took far too much time and effort versus the experience I had when I obtained a free copy of BFV with purchase of an RTX2080. In the latter case I was sent a game code from the retailer, I logged into Nvidia GeForce Experience to claim the code, and it was automatically added to Origin Library.

If it takes too much effort to claim "Free Games" they are not really free at all, and many people likely give up.

0 Likes

In NVidia's case, the hardware verification was done by forcing you to install GFE  and login to an nvidia account. When using nvidia, I never install GFE, so it's a 3rd party app or extra install from my point of view.

It is not the opening an account with AMD or Nvidia that is the problem. 

Obtaining  AMD codes was much more complicated than getting the Nvidia code for me at least.

I did need to open a support case with AMD to get my code and to help others out.
I would not say this if it were not true.

There were far to many steps involved to get the AMD code.

I meant to put up screenshots of the multiple steps involved during the code verification process, but I think I moved on to something else. 
I still have all the screenshots somewhere. 
Some steps had to be repeated, the messages during verification were confusing and it was far too complicated.

I would like to see AMD fans and users, including me, confident they could get the game codes on offer. I might purchase a Radeon VII later in the year for example.  

Right now if you wanted the free games on offer anyhow, an RX 570 or  RX 580 seem an amazing deal if you just want a GPU to game at 1080p.
Flip side is if those codes do not turn up, or are very difficult to get for whatever reason, you may get get very unhappy customer. 

I have Nvidia GeForce Experience Installed anyhow because I use it. For me and for many Nvidia Users it will not be any additional effort at all. It is no more difficult to install Nvidia GeForce Experience + the Nvidia Driver than just installing the driver.

I have an Nvidia Account which is no worse than having an AMD account, or previously a Raptr "AMD Gaming Evolved" Account, or YouTube account which is needed to upload videos for example.

The  2 free games currently on offer include Tom Clancy's The Division 2 - that has been on promotion for a long time now with Ryzen and also in the previous AMD Raise the Game Fully Reloaded offer. Many people will already have that title now if they already purchased a Ryzen Processor or an AMD GPU.So maybe offering a choice of 2 games from 3 or 4 may be better way to increase interest in these offers.

0 Likes
warsun
Challenger

OK I`m gonna leave this here. Because you all need to see this. Your reputation as a company AMD is in serious Jeopardy.

This is not hard. Just do it correctly. AMD 2 Games for 50TH

Look at the reviews. This is a problem AMD. Get in contact with these people. Your customers are angry!

I read the first half dozen or so. Angry because they need the product to redeem the code, which seems like common sense. No sympathy from me. Typical childish review bombing that is common on the internet these days.

Basically, what happens is people buy these things, get the code, and return the hardware. Just for the game code. This forces the customer to install and use it.

Should be easy to remedy, if customers return the hardware asking for a refund for the GPU and there are no genuine faults on the hardware (GPU) , then charge them for the games if they managed to claim them. State that in the conditions. That should stop people buying the promotions just to get free games. If the GPU needs returned because of a genuine fault then let them keep the codes and send a replacement GPU.

I read the 1 star reviews and in those from 6 complaints it looks like:

1 person is unhappy about confirming hardware on Windows, so that may be someone running Linux as Primary OS.
2 people didn't get their codes at all.

2 people are complaining they didn't want to or can't install the GPU. one collectable GPU the other has problems installing the GPU because they don't have all the parts for their PC.
1 person seems to want to be able to give the codes to friends or sell the codes because they are not even interested in the titles.

From the above 6 bad reviews, 5 seem like genuine complaints to me.

0 Likes

You would think it would be super simple for AMD to have a database of the keys they give out and if they have been redeemed. Yes then the retailer could if that key had been redeemed subtract the retail amount of the game from any refund. That would most certainly fix the current issue. The other idea I thought of is why don't they just give out the keys on scratch off cards like lottery tickets. If you don't return the card with an unscratched game card then again you pay for the game. I don't think it would be too much to ask a customer to make sure they like their card before scratching the card. You would certainly still have the option to exchange it at no penalty but just not get another game card with the new GPU. There are likely many better ways AMD could handle this. 

Well, the rewards are dynamic, meaning 0 to N games are offered at any particular time, and the games change. I am not sure all retailers are eligible for the rewards program.

0 Likes

RE:  I am not sure all retailers are eligible for the rewards program.
Correct , not all retailers participate. There is usually a pointer to participating retailers / country on the AMD.com pages.
Some international sellers, like Newegg,  the promotion is/was advertised on main Newegg site, so someone in Germany, for example,  could buy the GPU, only to find the codes are only redeemable to a resident of the USA.  

I didn't think many people would try reselling AMD Reward codes but a quick search on ebay.com proved me wrong: 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.Xamd+rewards.TR...

That is pretty bad. If someone purchased  codes they might not know they are doing something wrong. 
In addition there are no active AMD Rewards at the moment as far as I know, the 50th Anniversary Reward promotion just ended.
I hope a new one may start when Navi launches.  

If AMD are serious about stopping people reselling their game codes they should make it easy for AMD Users/ "Supporters"/ honest people in general to report such cases to the AMD Rewards site. 

You can currently contact https://www.amdrewards.com/support withought a reward coupon, but that is not obvious. 
There should be a quick link to point out cases of fraudulent selling of AMD Reward Codes so someone in AMD can put a stop to it.

0 Likes

"without" - time I bought a new keyboard....will correct later.

0 Likes

I can't say I really understand why it is a big deal if someone wants to sell their game code anyway. Unless the code is fraudulent or somehow used more than once. If you got the game legitimately and don't want it or already have it as has happened to me many times you should be able to sell it IMHO. Now I know up front that isn't how it works and I am fine with that too. As long as you know the rules before you buy, I am fine. I just think they sure go way out of their way to make this process too difficult. I do wonder the real reason why they don't want you to be able to give or sell the key? I remember back when the free games used to come on a disc in the box. Then they came with a simple key that just worked. Now it is hit and miss if you even get your games. I know I have seen too many posts here from people that didn't ever seem to get theirs. Maybe they didn't pursue it enough but I get that the time to do so may not be worth it either. I know I have not gotten many I was supposed to get myself. I only fought it hard one to try and get my game, but I can tell you the retailer nor AMD cared that I didn't get what I paid for. I have however gotten a game from an AMD friend without a purchase so that was unexpected and very nice so it's a bit of a wash. Maybe just karma in the end.

0 Likes

If you were allowed to sell the keys then fine. I wish you were, so if you don't like the game selection or already have the game you still get some benefit.
But you are not allowed to sell them. That's the  rule for the AMD Rewards. So the problem is people selling those AMD Reward keys on Ebay are very likely scamming the people who buy the keys.

As I already said I get that. Unfortunately again based on many retailers not giving before sale information on what is required to use the keys, yes some may be scamming and others just thinking they are honesty selling the key they don't want as they were never aware of the conditions either as they had not tried to redeem them themselves. So I won't blanket call them all scammers. I have no idea on that.

0 Likes

First I should say I can see both sides of the coin on this as the game redemption can be abused by card returners. But they could also put the card in their machine and then still return it. The Nvidia process also requires you to have the card in your machine but it works first time no problem in my experience.

That being said AMD should make clear what the requirements are before purchase.

I don't disagree with you. It should be clear in the purchase description and theirs reads " Get it Free with the purchase of any Qualifying Graphics Card " no disclaimers or see other requirements or other information.

Which to me, means all I have to do is buy the card. If you knew up front the conditions for getting your game were things you had to jump through hoops for, you could make an informed decision. Then if you choose to buy and it's a hassle that is  on you. But it isn't clear and it doesn't even at a minimum say see the rewards sites for redemption requirements. So I think the customer definitively has a right to be upset with this process.

So again I get the frustration from all sides. Some better up front communication would fix this issue in conjunction with even when the requirements are met the process works as it should. There are many complaints where it does not and it did not for me either on my last card and I had the card in my machine.

I actually think Newegg should be doing that. But regardless. When doing all this garbage they made it worse by adding the authentication program in with it. This requires you to install a third party program to run it. When trying to install it. It more than 3 times corrupted my system. Even when i formatted,. It stored windows spyware in my Ram. So after formatting i had to remove any background programs running on my system that corrupt my system. So i can continue to do business without another business spying on me.

0 Likes

I am very sorry that happened to you. I get the frustration. Not sure why this has to be such a mess. I would guess it isn't all AMD making it this way either. I know in the past I have when getting a couple games, each one had different processes to go through to get them I'm guessing required by the storefront or developer. I do know however that my experience with Nvidia in getting my games now on 3 cards in the last year was super easy. You did have to have the card in your machine and you did have to have geforce experience loaded but just uninstalled that when done. At least it wasn't 3rd party either. The games did however just work with no issue or hoops to really go through. Obviously you have to have an account on the store front you are using. In these cases it was Origin and Steam but both worked great. You just entered your key the retailer gave you and then nvidia takes that and gives you the storefront key. I did have one hickup with one key and it ended up I was entering a 1 instead of a lower case L. It was a Sunday late at night and the Nvidia site had a live web chat support person that figured out what I did wrong for me right away. No having to wait for a support ticket or anything. It was great customer service. AMD should really look into doing the process the same way. It should not be hard to implement as obviously those store fronts are already doing it with another vendor.

0 Likes

When I bought a R5 2400G it came with a game. amdrewards.com is the domain.

The rewards will verify the qualifying device is present before granting a game key. They download a program that simply checks the device registry and if the right hardware is present it is ok.

My game came with uplay so it loaded the game into my existing game client directly.

0 Likes

We get that what is going on is that people sell that original key thinking it is the "game key" then the buyer not having the card in their machine can't use that key to get the true game key. Whether the original card buyer who sells the key knows this or not I have no idea.

0 Likes

pokester wrote:

We get that what is going on is that people sell that original key thinking it is the "game key" then the buyer not having the card in their machine can't use that key to get the true game key. Whether the original card buyer who sells the key knows this or not I have no idea.

I was not given a game key, instead it was preloaded into Uplay directly

0 Likes

Yes they do different things depending on the what storefront the games load into.

0 Likes

Does anyone know if this: AMD 50 Game Bundle - Happy Birthday AMD - The Division 2 Gold Edition & World War Z has ended?

According to Terms and Conditions - AMD Rewards 

it says this:

CampaignPeriod:Campaign Period beginsApril 29, 2019at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and endsonJune 8, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or when supply of Coupon Codes is exhausted,whichever occurs first.

Please consult the world clock for time zone conversion information.
b.Purchase Period:To receive a Coupon Code, Participant must purchase an Eligible AMDProduct duringCampaign Period from a Participating Retailer.

c.Redemption Period:TheCoupon Code must beredeemedno later thanJuly 8, 2019 toobtain Applicationdownloads after whichtheCoupon Codeisvoid.

It looks like websites are still promoting these awards.

Some like Newegg have modified the terms to say this: AMD 2 Games for 50TH - Newegg.com 
They have extended the redemption period, but shouldn't they have also given a changed  statement about this?

"CampaignPeriod:Campaign Period beginsApril 29, 2019at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and endsonJune 8, 2019 at 11:59:59 PM ET, or when supply of Coupon Codes is exhausted,whichever occurs first."

It seems illogical, I would not trust that those codes are valid personally.

Thanks.

0 Likes

It's just been updated to read this at the top of the Terms and Conditions:
Posted June 8, 2019:GAME BUNDLEEXTENSIONCampaign period ends on June 29, 2019 and coupon codes must be redeemed no later than July 30, 2019.

So we all have until end of June now to get those codes and a new AMD GPU, and they will have to be claimed by end July 30.

Most likely new marketing bundles will surface sooner or later. It seems that game bundling has become a popular way to flog video cards.

0 Likes

They sure were not giving out the games during the mining boom. Gamers got nothing and paid double for the cards.

0 Likes

Did you watch the Navi Launch yesterday? See this. 
AMD Next Horizon Gaming E3 2019 - YouTube

It looks like the Navi GPU and select Ryzen CPU's will come with 3 month Microsoft XBOX Game Pass. 
pastedImage_2.png

Hopefully you can tack this onto an existing account. So many times these are only for new users and don't end up being a perk for most.

0 Likes

It was posted on youtube yesterday, i looked over a lot of the exhibitors

Looked at a lot of games too

I just purchased a Powercolor RX Vega 56 Red Dragon (AXRX VEGA 56 8GBHBM2-2D2HD/OC - PowerColor ) before the end of the free game codes deadline rather than attempt to purchase any more second hand/ used R9 FuryX/Fury/Nanos. I checked that it definitely comes with the AMD 50th Anniversary Game codes (Tom Clancy's The Divission 2 Gold Edition and World War Z). I will let you know how the code redemption goes.

0 Likes

Vega 56 cards have games offered via NewEgg last time I looked. Even the Radeon VII came with a couple of new games.

Looking at the FX 5700 XT, if you get a Radeon VII, it will be solid for gaming for quite some time with 60 compute units to work with vs only 40 for the FX 5700 XT.

I was also considering a Radeon VII but I had been hoping to see better updated reviews for the card.
From last couple of recent reviews I watched, it seems the drivers are much better than at launch and Blender performance looks good now, but still room for some improvement. I was hoping there might be some aftermarket Radeon VII with maybe watercooler AIO by now but I don't think it will happen.
Maybe wait to see if more powerful version of Navi will be released.

I am still seeing codes advertised it is now 21:37:09 Saturday, 29 June 2019 EST. So according to this, if I read it correctly, time is almost up Terms and Conditions - AMD Rewards 

People have only until 23:59:59 to get the existing  AMD 50th Anniversary Game Bundle.

Maybe there will be a new promotion soon , hopefully with different games in which case I might consider purchasing another AMD GPU.  
Maybe I will purchase another Vega 56 so I can run it in DX11 Crossfire / DX12 MultiGPU. The game promotion deal swung the purchase decision for me.

0 Likes

It seems that with new cards pending the rewards game program will be tweaked accordingly

AMD has long partnered with game publishers to get more publicity for games etc and it does give value for the person who buys it

0 Likes

New PowerColor Vega 56 Red Dragon + The Division 2 + World War Z free codes.
Card ordered on Saturday.
Dispatched on Sunday.
Contacted retailer to get game codes Monday morning.
Fitted the GPU Monday afternoon. DDU + Clean Driver install. Logged into AMD Rewards. Submitted the retailer code. Ran Product Validation. All passed. 
None of the codes were immediately available.
Logged into AMD Rewards again late on Monday night. Tom Clancy The Division 2 Gold Edition Code with 1 year game pass was available to install.
World War Z codes not available. I opened a support call about the World War Z codes. Hopefully they will actually turn up soon without having to constantly chase them up.

It looks like the 50th Anniversary Game Bundle code promotion has definitely ended apart from purchases of Radeon VII GPU directly from AMD.com in US/Canada.

0 Likes

Updated timeline:
New PowerColor Vega 56 Red Dragon + The Division 2 + World War Z free codes.
Card ordered on Saturday.
Dispatched on Sunday.
Contacted retailer to get game codes Monday morning.
Fitted the GPU Monday afternoon. DDU + Clean Driver install. Logged into AMD Rewards. Submitted the retailer code. Ran Product Validation. All passed. 
None of the codes were immediately available.
Logged into AMD Rewards again late on Monday night. Tom Clancy The Division 2 Gold Edition Code with 1 year game pass was available to install.
World War Z codes not available. I opened a support call about the World War Z codes.
Tuesday - I contacted Epic Games about the codes. I later had a response from AMD Rewards telling me the codes would be available soon.
Wednesday I received the World War Z codes. I installed the codes on the Epic cllient.

I think I got a good deal on this PowerColor Vega 56 Red Dragon GPU purchase.
Certainly a better deal than buying a second hand R9 FuryX/Fury/Nano on Ebay with no warranty.

There is a two year warranty on the PowerColor Vega 56 Red Dragon.
The game codes were worth ~ 60 off the sale price of the GPU to me
I already had The Division 2 from Ryzen 2700X purchase, but no annual pass with the Gold Edfition.

I purchased the  the PowerColor Vega 56 Red Dragon GPU for a reasonable price overall, given it' s performance level today. 
I have done some brief testing of the PowerColor Vega 56 Red Dragon. Definitely not as fast as the RX Vega 64 Liquid using the default BIOS.
Zero RPM fan feature is nice. The card is quite large but it does look great.

The PowerColor Vega 56 Red Dragon I purchased has Samsung HBM2, luckily, which leaves option to try flashing RX Vega 64 Liquid BIOS onto it at a later date
I do have the option of doing a PowerPlay Table mod as well which will increase the performance of this GPU.

I will not be trying either of the above "performance options" on this card until the warranty has expired though.

0 Likes

will correct later, can't edit - "but no annual pass without the Gold Edfition."

0 Likes
fantasyzer
Adept I

Has anyone checked their system time? After installing my motherboard the time was a few time zones off. Check your system time.