AnsweredAssumed Answered

Complaint. AMD authentication for AMDRewards.com

Question asked by warsun on May 16, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 3, 2019 by colesdav

This is the worst thing you can do. I do not use windows updates because they specifically slow down performance,create vulnerabilities. An creates backdoor's to Windows. It even resets the systems authentications claiming you do not have a valid windows version. My version IS valid. But it disabled that version when i upgraded. So upgrading is a bad idea.

So you creating this program of authentication. It the worst thing you could have come up with the  way it is. Epic Gamestore, Steam and UBSoft already have validation methods. So this is just spitting on your customers. My version an many others are using version of .NET Framework 4.6 We do not have 4.7 That requires installing the latest updates. An the latest updates are FULL of Bloadware.

Unnesseary defense programs that do not defend anything. Forced Bing,Gamers panel. an other ..... things.... that some of us do not want to use. Why is there no option to turn these off? Because its Microsoft. An microsoft does not give you options. So i would reprectfully demand that you remove the current version of Authentication please.

Because with it there. I have a negative opinion of your company. You could just give us the codes.An we install them. Not this garbage. An i call this garbage because this is the method. Lets say i do not have a subscription with these places.

I have to have a Newegg account. Fine. I Buy the product an get the code in my Newegg account.

I have to go to my Email to see the code with is also encrypted. From my mail i have to go to AMDRewards.com.

From there. I have to create an account.Put in my name location personal information an create an account.

You are now logged in to AMDRewards.com It tells me to go get the code from your email.

You log into your Email. Get the code an verify you are not signed up with AMDRewards.com. So you put in the code. So now have to go to a new location an sign up with UBSoft an follow the instructions.

From there. I have to create an account.Put in my name location personal information an create an account.

Now go to your email to verify your account.

You now have a UBSoft account. You can now add the game. An you do it that way.

So now the next game.Which is on Epic Gamestore.

You now have a Epic Gamestore account. Now you add the game.

So now you have that. Now your third game.

Now you are signed on with Steam.

Are you getting the picture. All this added security is already in place. You don't need more security an it angering the customer.

Because now You get your code from Newegg. An it tells you to send the code to your email. You get the code an you go to AMDRewards.com an try to enter the code. it STOPS YOU! An says you need to install this third party program AMD authentication program to continue.

I am not recommending AMD if you are going to do this type of thing. The reason i say this is because I also build computers. An for each one of the games i get. I have to ask these people whats their email. OK i need an authentication code to put in.An i have to go the whole 9 yards with these people. So again. Just give us the codes. Stop this madness. No one asked for this authentication nonsense. just remove it.An please stop trying to fix what isn't broken.

Outcomes