Over the past couple of weeks (I think) I noticed that the fans go up to full speed and stay there. Here are the details for clarity:
- After booting, no previous load of any kind
- WattMan confirms 0% load, 28°C, ~3850 RPM fan speed
- Inconsistent, sometimes fans slow down, haven't found any correlations
- Tried both manual and automatic fan settings, fans don't respond
- Putting the GPU under full load with gaming and quitting sometimes (?) fixes it, I think
- Latest Drivers, fresh Windows installation in January (when I bought the full system)
This is mildly annoying when I'm not using my headphones, but I'm more concerned about unnecessary wear.
The system used to have a HD5850 in it while waiting for the release of Radeon VII, but the drivers/suite are different so I don't see how that might interfere.
ps I searched the forums and only found the opposite issue where the fans are stuck at low speeds, let me know if I missed a thread somewhere
pps while finishing up this post I checked WattMan and the card is currently at 90% activity, 28°C, ~3850 fan speed with nothing but this Chrome open... any way to check what the GPU is working on?