cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

robin_murison_ccsl
Journeyman III

Does "AMD Athlon 5350 Quad Core APU (2.05GHz/AM1) & Radeon™ HD8400" support IOMMU?

I could not find my "AMD Athlon 5350 Quad Core APU (2.05GHz/AM1) & Radeon™ HD8400" on the list of processors with Graphics. The nearest I found was  "AMD Athlon 5350 Quad Core APU Radeon series 3".

The latter says it supports IOMMU

Could you confirm whether or not "AMD Athlon 5350 Quad Core APU (2.05GHz/AM1) & Radeon™ HD8400" supports IOMMU?

I suspect not because I am getting an error saying it is not there. However that may be due to a BIOS setting.

I have already turned on SVM mode to enable CPU virtualization, but I also need IOMMU if it is available. I could not find a setting to turn it on in the BIOS.

0 Likes
3 Replies

According to your APU Specs it seems like it will support IOMMU since it has support for AMD-V / AMD Virtualization technology: http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Jaguar/AMD-Athlon%205350%20-%20AD5350JAH44HM.html 

Also from Wikipedia: List of IOMMU-supporting hardware - Wikipedia 

0 Likes

Your Athlon x 4 doesn't come with integrated HD graphics but with R3 integrated Graphics. The HD84xx must be a separate GPU card in your system.

Download and install GPU-Z and that will show you what GPUs you have installed including basic Data for each.

Your APU does support IOMMU since it supports AMD-V.

0 Likes

IOMMU has been used with the Operon 64 onwards for DMA in the 64-bit universe

so all 64-bit x64 machines have that

it should be enabled if there is a BIOS option