cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

conor
Journeyman III

Radeon 5450 Three monitors question

Hello everyone and thanks for taking the time to read my post.

The computer in my office currently has a dual monitor set-up with one DVI and one HDMI. The computer has a VGA port that is not in use. I know from reading other forums that my graphics card does not support three monitors, which is disheartening. I only need the third monitor to mirror my main monitor so that I can display various things to clients who are sitting on the other side of my desk. If I buy an HDMI, DVI, or VGA splitter will I be able to achieve this? I do not care about the image quality or the possibility of some lagging; I just need a basic connection. the monitor will only be turned on during meetings anyways.

thanks for your help in advance!

EDIT: Just to clarify, I am asking if there is a solution that involves no purchases other than an adapter. I know that the answer is probably no, but I'd like to make sure before I assume it isn't possible.

if you need any info about my pc just ask, but here is some:

- AMD Radeon HD 5450 graphics card

- Intel Pentium J3710 1.6GHz CPU 64-bit

0 Likes
3 Replies

better to find a card with 4 DisplayPort connectors for running a bunch of monitors

some old Radeon pro workstation cards can do that, look around on ebay as there are a few around cheap

The ideal scenario would be to upgrade the PC entirely but that would be at the discretion of my boss. I am trying to figure out if there is any solution to my problem without purchasing a new PC or graphics card. I'll definitely go bargain hunting on eBay if upgrading cards turns out to be my only solution.

Thanks for the reply!

0 Likes

a low cost workstation card is not all that expensive and no need for a new box as the card can handle the video easily

0 Likes