0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 14, 2018 3:37 AM by colesdav

BFV DX12 MultiGPU and DX11 Crossfire Support?

colesdav

It's that time again to ask the question ...
      Will BF'X' (this time X = V) have DX12 MultiGPU and DX11 Crossfire Support?

I tested the Origin Access 10 hour free Trial and ...

DX11 Crossfire will not enable.

DX12 MultiGPU will not enable.

I understand it is pretty early days for the game.
      I understand if they are not working yet then it might take some time to get it running.

I just wanted to know if it will be supported.

EA have disabled DX11 Crossfire Support and DX12 MultiGPU on the Trial Version of BF1 and MEA games in the past.
      The feedback on the EA forum to me has been EA did not want to give people bad impression of their game and Crossfire doesn't work.

I do not think that "Crossfire Doesn't work" is true at all in general.
      BF1 runs mostly ok with DX12 MultiGPU, provided I do not use Radeon Overlay or ALT Tab out of the game to use AMD Settings.

I have asked EA what is happening here: Does BFV support AMD DX11 Crossfire or DX12 MultiGPU? - Answer HQ

Just like in Forza 4 Horizon, the R9 Fury X is underperforming in BFV.
      It is only running at ~ the same performance level as an RX 580 4GB according to this:
      Battlefield V GPU Benchmark, 1080p, 1440p & 4K Results - YouTube

Which again indicates to me that for the R9 Fury X, the X stands for 'don't care', unless I miss some other reason why an RX580 4GB should be faster?
      Similar question, as here: Why is R9 Fury X performing so poorly on Forza Horizon 4?
      Why is the R9 Fury X performing so poorly, at same level as an RX580 4GB?

I recorded the R9 Fury X test results and posted the videos anyhow.

If anyone is interested to see how a single R9 Fury X runs with DX12 and R9 Fury X you can see it here:

BFV 10 hour Trial Origin Access 4K Ultra Maxed on R9 Fury X and R9 Nano DX12 MultiGPU Clip1 Intro - YouTube

BFV 10 hour Trial Origin Access 4K Ultra Maxed on R9 Fury X and R9 Nano DX12 MultiGPU Clip2 Norway - YouTube

BFV 10 hour Trial Origin Access 4K Ultra Maxed on R9 Fury X and R9 Nano DX12 MultiGPU Clip3 Tunis - YouTube

BFV 10 hour Trial Origin Access 4K Ultra Maxed on R9 Fury X and R9 Nano DX12 MultiGPU Clip 4 Algeria - YouTube

BFV 10 hour Trial Origin Access 4K Ultra Maxed on R9 Fury X and R9 Nano DX12 MultiGPU Clip 5 Hamburg - YouTube

BFV 10 hour Trial Origin Access 4K Ultra Maxed on R9 Fury X and R9 Nano DX12 MultiGPU Clip 6 Bridge - YouTube

BFV 10 hour Trial Origin Access 4K Ultra Maxed on R9 Fury X and R9 Nano DX12 MultiGPU Clip 7 Final - YouTube

BFV 10 hour Trial Origin Access 4K Ultra Maxed on R9 Fury X and R9 Nano DX12 MultiGPU Settings. - YouTube

I understand I am running this at DX12 Ultra maxed out.
      I have to point out that I can run like this on BF1 with MultiGPU enabled on the same PC with same GPU's.
      BF1 run at 4K Ultra settings with R9 FuryX and R9 Nano in DX12 MultiGPU. - YouTube

I also note that DX12 in BFV is 'halting' and exhibiting FPS drops in some places in the game, even at 1080p, but I think that is an issue with the game.
      Bye.