19 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2018 6:57 AM by grape8pe

HDCP disable

grape8pe

Any tips on how to get HDCP working on my system?  When I look at my settings in AMD Radeon Pro under my monitor it shows "Current HDCP Status: Disabled".  I've tried different driver sets including 18.Q3, 18.Q3.1, and even the Adrenalin Edition Beta for Windows October 2018 Update drivers.  I'm using the DP port to connect directly to the monitor.  I know my DP cable and monitor support HDCP because when I boot my PC using the Intel HD graphics, everything works fine.  Any suggestions?  Below are my PC specs.

Dell OptiPlex 7040

i7-6700

16GB RAM

AMD Radeon Pro WX 3100

Windows 10 1809 (17763.1)

• Re: HDCP disable
          elstaci

Not sure if the latest AMD Professional Driver is completely compatible with Windows version 1809 (RS5).

This is the Release Notes for the latest AMD Driver for the WX3100: Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 18.Q3.1 Release Notes | AMD

Annotation.png

EDIT: The above image could be a old image prior to the October 2018 update and hasn't yet been updated.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              fxv300

60hz.JPGI have the same situation. HDCP Status disabled.....what does this mean in terms of video playback.

I have a 4K HDCP2.2 monitor using HDMI cable.

I can stream 4K content (NETFLIX) using EDGE and as I presume that is HDCP protected this function is being ignored.

As a test I loaded 17.7.1 driver and that showed HDCP status enabled.

However anything 18.3.1 onwards is HDCP status disabled.

Can anyone explain this please.

on 18.8.1 at the moment (copy all on specs show)

Horizontal Timing Total - 4400

Horizontal Timing Display - 3840

Horizontal Timing Front Porch - 176

Horizontal Timing Sync Width - 88

Vertical Timing Total - 2250

Vertical Timing Display - 2160

Vertical Timing Front Porch - 8

Vertical Timing Sync Width - 10

Horizontal Timing Polarity - Positive

Vertical Timing Polarity - Positive

Interlaced/Progressive - Progressive

G.Pixel Clock (KHz) - 594000

G.Refresh Rate (Hz) - 60

Current HDCP Status - Disabled

Current Link Settings - Not Available

By the way does the AMD driver support HDMI Ultra Deep Colour?

What is the preferred choice  for colour depth RGB or YCbCr

LG Deep colour.JPG

grape8pe

I've tried the Beta drivers for the October 2018 update (Radeon Pro Software Adrenalin Edition Beta for Windows October 2018 Update Release Notes | AMD) and the problem is still there.  When trying to watch a movie on the Vudu app, I get the error "The display does not support HDCP".  Hopefully this will get address in the next release.

Vudu.png

Beta HDCP.png

billy72

Hi grape8pe

At this time Amd has not released a stable version for Windows 10 1809 and Radeon Pro WX 3100, looking for answers in this scenario can become an absurd process.

If you need HDCP right now I recommend you go back to Windows 1803 with drivers 18.Q3.1 and if the problem continues to share it here, it will be easier to find a solution.

The only thing I can recommend you as a user through Windows 10 1809 is to reset all the controls of your monitor and GPU to default.

Regards

fxv300

If you are using Display Port, you will need a v1.4 DP Monitor, display port v1.2 does not support HDCP 2.2

Not many Display Port v1.4 spec monitors as yet and they cost a fortune.

grape8pe

Is that recent change?  When I roll the driver back to 18.Q3, the issue with Vudu goes away,  AMD Settings still shows HDCP disabled with 18.Q3.  When I try the more recent drivers (18.Q3.1) Vudu throws the error.  I've also tried connecting my monitor via HDMI and I still get the Vudu error on the more recent drivers.

elstaci

Does Vudu have any software or APP that you use in Windows to view VUDU Content?

The reason I am asking I just found out from another thread the Netflix Windows APP as a bug that prevents it from viewing 4k on a monitor and the Netflix was working on a fix.

I was wondering if maybe Vudu may have something similar and may not be completely compatible with the latest Windows Version 1809.

From VUDU Forum concerning the HDCP error: Playback error due to HDCP? - Vudu Forums

From one of the User comments:VuduJ

VuduJ

• Jul 2018

08-04-2018, 03:35 PM

SOLVED! Vudu support just got back to me and suggested that the software for the monitor was not HDCP compliant. While that is a bit vague my mind immediately jumped to drivers. Lo and behold both monitors had generic UPnP drivers signed by Teamviewer! I selected the Update Driver option in Device Manager and navigated to the appropriate drivers I downloaded from BenQ's website for both monitors and without even needing a restart I was able to watch my movies in HD! Thanks Nick G from Vudu support!

Figured I would post here publicly in case anyone else were to be searching for a solution to a similar problem someday.

grape8pe

Good find.  Unfortunately my monitor (Acer K272HUL) does not have Windows 10 drivers on the manufacturer website.  Also, my setup works fine (no errors in Vudu) when I boot my PC with my monitor connected to the integrated graphics (Intel HD 530).

elstaci

I have the same exact model of a Monitor. The Acer Monitor driver is unsigned so I have to start Windows 10 to accept unsigned drivers to install it.

Do you believe it could be a BIOS configuration issue?  Is BIOS configured to run the WX GPU Card as it main Display or is it configured for the Intergrated Graphics to boot up as its main display?

FYI: My Monitor (Acer K272HUL) is working great for the first 2 and half years. Now on the upper right corner there is a white line of pixels (2 or 3 inches long) that are bad. Even though Acer has a three year Warranty which in my case expires in Nov. 2018. I need to pack it and ship it to their RMA facilities in Texas which will cost me about 30-40% of the original cost of the Monitor.  When the defective Pixels gets to the point that makes viewing annoying, I will just purchase a new Monitor.

fxv300

not sure if HDCP disabled is a valid message...I can view Netflix 4K content using EDGE browser and I have HDCP disabled on my RX480 Radeon drivers. I am led to believe that Netflix 4K content is HDCP2.2 protected. So something is not showing correct status.

fsadough

Looks like a regression on AMD driver side. This issue is being investigated.