cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

octavio
Journeyman III

Radeon HD 4800 und Open GL

Mein PC arbeitet mit Windows 10 und einer betagten ATI Radeon HD 4800 series.  Ein neues Programm zur Fotobearbeitung verlangt nun nach Open GL 3.3 oder höher. Dazu 2 Fragen:

1. Gibt es einen Treiber für diese GraKa, der Open GL ermöglicht?

2. Wenn das nicht möglich ist, bräuchte ich um eine Empfehlung für eine neue (bezahlbare) GraKa, die Open GL zulässt.

Noch ein Wort zu mir: Ich bin kein Gamer, sondern konzentriere mich hauptsächlich auf Foto- und Videobearbeitungen.

Gruss Octavio

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Translated for you:
My PC works with Windows 10 and an aged ATI Radeon HD 4800 series. A new photo editing program now requires Open GL 3.3 or higher. In addition 2 questions:
1. Is there a driver for this gpu that allows Open GL?
2. If this is not possible, I would need a recommendation for a new (affordable) gpu that Open GL allows.
One more word to me: I am not a gamer, but focus mainly on photo and video editing.
Greeting Octavio

Can you give us please your rig specs and OS.
Can you tell us the software used please if you can, just to know which programs you are used to work.
The HD4000 series should be based on the RV700 die that support open GL 3.3, open CL 1.1.
These are the latest good drivers for your gpu: Legacy
I would advice you to get a cheap second hand R9 270/370 or R9 380/380X.
In few words if you are still using a HD4000 series, any modern (2-4y old) decent mid range gpu should suit your need.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Translated for you:
My PC works with Windows 10 and an aged ATI Radeon HD 4800 series. A new photo editing program now requires Open GL 3.3 or higher. In addition 2 questions:
1. Is there a driver for this gpu that allows Open GL?
2. If this is not possible, I would need a recommendation for a new (affordable) gpu that Open GL allows.
One more word to me: I am not a gamer, but focus mainly on photo and video editing.
Greeting Octavio

Can you give us please your rig specs and OS.
Can you tell us the software used please if you can, just to know which programs you are used to work.
The HD4000 series should be based on the RV700 die that support open GL 3.3, open CL 1.1.
These are the latest good drivers for your gpu: Legacy
I would advice you to get a cheap second hand R9 270/370 or R9 380/380X.
In few words if you are still using a HD4000 series, any modern (2-4y old) decent mid range gpu should suit your need.

0 Likes

Hi, thanks for detailed answer. I always use the latest driver and I know that the gpu is not longer supported by amd. Also it is not possible to start the Catalyst Control Center and to manage the settings of the gpu.

My software mainly used are PINNACLE STUDIO 20, PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 13 and LUMINAR 2018.

The problem is, that the latest update of Luminar 2018 demands open GL 3.3 or higher. So I cannot use further updates with

And these are the rig specs of my PC:

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)

Language: German (Regional Setting: German)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire M7720

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         920  @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM

Page File: 4345MB used, 7933MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Miracast: Not Available

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported

DxDiag Version: 10.00.16299.0015 64bit Unicode

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9442)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9442&SUBSYS_E810174B&REV_00

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 3831 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1015 MB

Shared Memory: 2816 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)

HDR Support: Not Supported

Display Topology: Extend

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709

Thank you for help and excuse my insufficient english, please.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Your English is good don't worry about. ^^

I will hold my previous statement, happy to know you got an old but good machine to work with.
At this point i would say:
-If you want a fairly new gpu, i would look for a RX460/RX560 2GB, either new or second hand. I think it would fit your need, it have updated drivers and features used by the software you use.
-If you want an old cheap second hand gpu, again look for a R9 270 or 370 / R9 280 or 380. These are fairly old good gpu but still run with the latest drivers and support most of the features required for your need.
-Last thing i would also update your power supply, if you can get a cheap branded 400Watt, either from corsair, antec, enermax, evga, etc. This would give some boost, imo, to your old but good rig.

Hi,

Once more thank you for help. I'll try to realise your recommendations.

Have a nice day.

octavio

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

You are welcome.
If you need else, don't hesitate to ask.
Greetings.

0 Likes