I am in a strange situation where i encounter my PC to freeze usually with a gray'ish screen while audio starts to stutter and then i am presented with a black screen.
Only way to get it back working is to reset the PC.
This issue seems to be happening independent of clock speed or core voltage.
What i have tried but games still crash:
- clock speeds with manual multiplier from 37x to 40x , core voltage auto and manual
- All clock and voltage related settings to Auto in bios
- disabled clock boost e.g. cpu sits at base frequency and does not turbo
- disabled performance enhancer
- ran Memory at stock settings and my regular overclock settings. Stability tested with a ram tester
The affected games:
- War Thunder
- World of Warships
4K full screen @ 60 Hz,
high-max graphics settings
Frame rate target control = 60 fps set by driver
Vsync off, Enhanced sync enabled by default
Howto duplicate the crash:
Start playing the game.
Crash usually between 1 - 30 minutes guaranteed.
I have many other games but have not yet seen a crash there.
One time i have seen the crash on my desktop with Firefox playing a video (HW acc. disabled)
The PC will pass stress testing using AIDA64 or Prime95.
Asus Crosshair 7 Hero (non WIFI)
BIOS 0601 (latest release) incorporates AGESA 188.8.131.52a and SMU Firmware version 43.18.0
2x16 GB G.SKILL 3200 Mhz CAS14 @ 3200 MHz CAS14
Vega64 8GB LC running @ balanced preset
Windows 10 pro 64Bit
Samsung nvme 512GB 860pro
Seasonic 850W Titanium
I found some links where people reported similar issues but have different hw:
I have a feeling this is AGESA related ??