cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

grl570810
Journeyman III

Windows Server 2008 R2 drivers for HP Proliant Microserver N36L RAID

I have a HP Proliant N36L microserver and am trying to install Windows Server 2008 R2. I cannot get the install to recognise the disks - it needs a driver set for the SB7xx/SB8xx chipset RAID. All I can find on the AMD site is a download for Windows 7 and they don't work - possibly as they are not WQHL signed. The link on HP's site points to an AMD Dev site which needs a login and won't let me create one

Can anyone help me out with a driver set that will work?

Thanks in advance,

Graham

0 Likes
3 Replies

Found a HP Support site that has AMD RAID Drivers to download for WIndows Server 2008 R2. Don't know if you tried this link before or not: Drivers & Software - HPE Support Center. (Copied website from link):

Drivers & software

SGI product documentation and software downloads are currently being migrated, please visit the SGI portal for your SGI documentation and software needs during this migration period.

AMD SB7xx/SB8xx Chipset Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit SATA RAID Driver

By downloading, you agree to the terms and conditions of the Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software License Agreement.
Note:  Some software requires a valid warranty, current Hewlett Packard Enterprise support contract, or a license fee.

Type:Driver - Storage
Version:3.2.1540.60(8 Sep 2010)
Operating System(s):
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Foundation Edition | View all
Obtain software
The WHQL-certified AMD SB7xx/SB8xx Chipset Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit SATA RAID Driver is available from AMD. For the latest driver download, go to http://wwwd.amd.com/amd/devsite.nsf/hpcookie?openform. The version number listed on the AMD site is the latest driver available. It may differ from the version displayed on this page. IMPORTANT:When clicking the AMD URL, you are leaving HP.com and are directed to AMD.com. Please follow the instructions on AMD.com to download this driver.  HP is not responsible for, and does not provide any warranty regarding, this driver or any other content displayed or offered on any of AMD’s websites.  When downloading this driver you will be subject to AMD’s terms and conditions, including licensing terms, if any, as provided by AMD on its websites or otherwise.

Okay, when you click on the AMD Link - JIVE prevents you from accessing that site.

Best thing to do is open a EMAIL SUPPORT TICKET with AMD Support so that they can give access to that site or give a link to be able to download the latest RAID Drivers from AMD. Here is the link for the Email support (they will assign someone to help you with this problems, Hopefully): Email Form .

Yes, that's the roadblock I ran into when trying to follow the link from HPE's site. Thanks for your suggestion of using the support request from, I have followed up on that and will update back here on progress / results as and when...

0 Likes
grl570810
Journeyman III

Just to update as promised: the support request paid off and the team were able to supply me a link to download the correct drivers. The link was a temporary FTP one so there's no point in my posting it, so I suggest anyone else looking for the drivers makes the same request in the support form. If all else fails PM me and I'll happily put them up on my FTP server and provide a login to download them.

0 Likes