cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gerraldy
Journeyman III

BSOD Video TDR Failure atikmpag.sys on my laptop Lenovo Z40-75

Yesterday, I have received a new update for windows 10 KB4093105 on April 23th 2018

but after successfully update, I've got a BSOD Video_TDR_Failure atikmpag.sys

my current driver version is Adrenaline 18.2.1 2nd February

I started uninstall the update and reinstall driver, downgraade to previous version but nothing works

the BSOD problem occur when I try open the task manager, try to change 3D setting on AMD setting, and open application that need support from VGA

when I booting my laptop without device driver it can run normally, so I'm stuck with this problem

I've tried any fix on other website but still no luck

Is there anyway to fix this problem??

my spec

Lenovo Z4075

Processor AMD A10 7300

Ram 4GB

VGA Radeon R6 M225X dual graphic

here's attachment about my BSOD

0 Likes
4 Replies

If you uninstall the last Windows Update will the problem disappear?

If it does than you gonna have to wait until AMD or the laptop's manufacturer updates the driver to be compatible with the Windows Update or you can prevent that particular Windows Update from installing temporarily until the drivers are made more compatible.

If the problem still occurs even with the last Windows Update uninstalled. Then you need to troubleshoot further. Here is a link that gives good troubleshooting tips on your error: Fix: VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (ATIKMPAG.SYS) IN WINDOWS 8.1/10 - Appuals.com

Note: Also go to Lenovo Support and update all the laptop drivers that are newer than the ones you have installed. Especially the CHIPSET & BIOS updates. Those help AMD Drivers to be more compatible with Windows and the Laptop.

0 Likes

no, the problem still occur even I've uninstall the update

thanks, I'll give it a try

I'll update as soon as possible after I try all possible fix

0 Likes

the problem still occur after i tried several fixes (ie : update bios, clean uninstall with DDU, downgrade to previous version, registry edit, or or expand replacement)

guess I have to wait for a new update for my driver

I've done several research on the problem, i think the bsod video tdr failure happen on every dual graphic vga after the windows update

thanks for helping me to solve the problem

0 Likes