AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sudden death of Sapphire R9 Fury?

Question asked by grantelb4rt on Apr 4, 2018
Latest reply on May 10, 2018 by grantelb4rt

Hello Guys and Girls,

is it possible for my Graphicscard to just have suddenly died? I was casually browsing the Internet, suddenly both my Monitors went dark, the PC shut down and restarted itself. First thought was a Powerloss, but the Monitors and all other Electronics were still running. After that there was no more Video signal from my R9 Fury Nitro. But I heard the Windows welcome sound, so I plugged my Monitor into the onboard GPU where I got a Video Signal.

In the Device-Manager the only Videocard shown was the Intel iGPU one. Same with the BIOS, the Mainboard did not even recognize that there was a Card installed in the PCI-E Slot.

So naturally i tried the following:

1. Reseating Power Cables and Videocard
  2. clear CMOS
  3. flash new BIOS
  4. switching V-BIOS (BIOS Button on Card)
  5. second PCI-E slot
  6. different Video output
  7. only Keyboard plugged into PC
  8. checking PSU Voltage on PCI-E Connectors (was at 12.17V)

But all of those things didnt have any success.

The GPU in a different PC yields the same results. A different Videocard is recognized, so the Mainboard and CPU are not at Fault.

I had issues with the DP Video out since I had the Card. Could this be a late effect of that Problem? (Video of the Issue: Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro Screen Flickering - YouTube )

Anybody else had similar Problems with any Graphicscard? Really would be a shame if that card died on me after 1.5 years, especially considering the current Videocard market...

I have the feeling that there is nothing I can do, but I thought I might as well ask for some other Opinions

System specs:

• i5 3570k
  • Asus P8Z77-V
  • 4x4GB 1333Mhz DDR3
  • Superflower Amptec 750W
  • Windows 10 64bit
  • Benq GW2765

Outcomes