Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

plustig
Journeyman III

Radeon R9 M360 Bios update

Hello,

I have 2 cards: both Radeon R9 M360, 2048MB.

One has BIOS version 2015/08/26 05:20

and the other one has: 2015/03/24 06:44

Now the problem: The card with the older BIOS has some stability issues. It's not the temperature (GPU is at smooth 63°C). Even in the same PC in the same slot the card with the older BIOS tends to reset the driver if the load on the GPU is high over a few hours. (I use them to do some vector calculations directly at the GPU - even this tiny card is faster than any modern Core i7...)

So I looked around if I can find the BIOS v. 2015/08/26 05:20 (or a newer one) anywhere at the AMD page, But that's a NoGo. Here and there I do find a Bios for the M360, but those are ususally for the 4096 MB version. Well - I do not want to install a BIOS I found on some wild page, without having any relationship to AMD.

I also checked in the AMD Radeon Settings tool, It shows me the BIOS version ... but there is no option to upgrade the BIOS itself :/

Does anyone know were I can find a BIOS for this card?

PS: It's also very stange: I can find very little information about this card in the internet. Ususally it tells me: "Did you mean R7 M360?" - no every tool tells me it's an R9 M360

0 Likes
6 Replies

Those BIOSs are custom made by the OEM, in this case whoever made your laptop. You will need to contact them.

Who said it's a Laptop?

The R9 M360 is a stand alone PCI-E card for normal PC

0 Likes

Because it's a mobility chip and not intended to be used outside that use, but HP and the other OEMs are known for putting laptop parts in a desktop. You will need to contact HP about this.

0 Likes

Hmm o_O

Ok - thank you for pointing this out.

However it's a really strange policy of AMD. I mean I downloaded the driver for this card from the AMD homepage (it is listed there as driver for AMD Radeon R9 M360). In the Radeon tool it is listet as AMD Radeon R9 M360 - and not as HP Radeon M360!

The BIOS of the chip does not depend on the PCB some manufactuer put it on - at least on other chip producers that's not the case.

Alright - time to sell the cards. I thought about using more performant cards from AMD in my matter, but I can't tell my customers that it's russian roulette if I buy the cards with random BIOS versions and there is no support from the manufacturer (which you clearly told me in your last post)

0 Likes

AMD doesn't support any card with VBIOS files anyway, as they are customized by the OEM to that exact model card, and you should not be telling your customers to order cards which were made for specific low end HP computers unless they own those specific models, and in that case support would still come from HP.

0 Likes
jargon
Elite

One thing you can try (and void your warranty in the process while possibly destroying your cards):

1. Get Atiflash from here​ and read up on how to use it here

2. Read and save the BIOS from the new card

3. Read and save the BIOS from the old card

4. Flash the saved BIOS from the new card to the old card

0 Likes