23 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 3:57 AM by benman2785

Ryzen 5 2400G - No Display with native graphics

chaswald

Computer Setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with the Vega 11 native graphics

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 with updated BIOS to F22, this supports the 2400G

HD: Sandisk SSD PLus 240GB

RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 8GB kit (4gbx2), (BLS2K4G4D240FSB)

Here is my dilemma, I was never able to get a video output from this setup. I was, however, able to get a video output when installing my old 550 ti, that was part of the system that I was replacing with this set of hardware. I was able to do a fresh install of Windows 10 and get a desktop to boot with the graphics card added. I messed with the BIOS settings a little bit. I tried to force IGD, I used both auto and allocated video ram settings. I tried changing the RAM positions using 1 or two sticks in every combination possible. I tried using both the DVI and the HDMI ports on the motherboard, all without video output.

In retrospect, I did not find compatibility for this ram on the Gigabyte website. In the meantime, I did order a set of ram that matched exactly to the compatibility list. I will see if that makes a difference. It's just kind of strange that you can run the system with a graphics card but can't view anything without one installed. Does anyone have any insight on this issue?