cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

mikejm
Journeyman III

HD 6450 Not showing correct maximum resolution? (Win 10)

I got an ASUS EAH6450 silent video card for my recording studio as silence was important. It is an AMD Radeon HD 6450 card.

No matter how I install the drivers (from AMD), however, Windows 10 is giving me a max resolution of 1920x1200.

My monitor is an Asus PA279 which goes up to 2560x1440, and it was previously working fine at this resolution with an NVIDIA video card.

Can anyone explain this or how to fix it?

The only other funny thing I can observe is in device manager it's identified as "AMD Radeon HD 7400 Series", when it's a 6400 series card, but I can find no way to change or fix this either.

Any help greatly appreciated. The prior NVIDIA card was causing huge latency problems which the AMD card has fixed. But now I have this other problem ....

0 Likes
2 Replies
mikejm
Journeyman III

I am still unable to solve this. I have tried the Custom Resolutions Utility:

Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

But the resolution is still not showing up as an option.

I tried directly adding the resolution to the registry as described here also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/45fckf/how_to_add_a_custom_resolution_for_an_amd/

But still no luck.

Any solution?

0 Likes

Okay, so I figured out the card I have here:

Asus ATI Radeon HD6450 Silence 1 GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI Low Profile PCI-Express Video Card - EAH6450 S...

Has the highest output resolution via DVI at DVI Max Resolution : 2560x1600.

I tried hooking up a dual link DVI cord, but now my BIOS and Windows start up logos have green lines all over them and Windows won't display once loaded. My monitor (PA279) just says "Out of Range" on the DVI settings.

What the hell am I supposed to do here??

0 Likes