10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2018 2:55 AM by plumboby

Stable drivers for RX 500 series? (RX 550: my expierence)

lordenceladus

My PC specs:

GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon RX 550 2GB OC

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400

RAM: 6GB DDR3

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-G41MT-S2

Hello everybody, sorry if my english isn't very good. A few days ago I bought a GIGABYTE RX 550 2GB OC, beacausa a DVD reader problem, I install the driver of the GIGABYTE support page for this video card (17.11.1) and I have very problems.

Very games crash with a BLACK SCREEN after a lot of minutes of work perfectly, only game crashes and the OS works without problems. (Saints Row IV, Darksiders, Tomb Raider, Prototype, DiRT Showdown, Dark Souls III)

Other games have a BLACK SCREEN problem for a few seconds and after works normally (Rock of Ages, Dead Island)

For some games in Steam or Uplay "verify integrity" option has solved the problems, for other games the problem continues after verify integrity

In a game (Rock of Ages) a WHITE SCREEN forces me to power off my PC because didn't respond. This problem has reported for NieR: Automata players too

I searched fixes in forums and for this problems the only fix is install a old version or AMD drivers (16.11.5 or previous), this can fix the problems according to users of R9, R7 and RX 400 users of forums in Steam, GOG and other sites, undoubtedly the Crimson ReLive Edition drivers are the guilty, ALL VERSIONS. But here starts a BIG problem for the RX 500 series, the older versions of the AMD Radeon drivers can't support the installation for these video cards. Personally I try with very versions of the ReLive drivers (17.4.4, 17.51, 17.5.2, 17.7.2, 17.10.3, 17.11.2) and the problems persist.

Exist any solution for RX 500 users? other series users don't have a problem with old drivers, but we haven't options....

To me, it seems incredible the lot of complaints about the Crimson ReLive drivers and the AMD developers don't care about this