4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 18, 2017 11:42 PM by pokester

RX 580 crashing issues in 17.12.1

kero

So after buying myself a new PC - which I'll link here https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-1400-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-black/5833100.p?skuId=5833100 -, I noticed its frequent crashing in Overwatch. After waiting for a fix as I learned that this was a driver bug, my hopes were presumably met when I looked at the most recent version of both the Overwatch patch notes and the most recent driver at the time of writing this, 17.12.1. This, however, wasn't the case as I was still sometimes met with crashes and even the blue screen of death once in a while. This issue wouldn't go away until I manually set the last 5 power states in Wattman to 1410. I could still get crashes in Overwatch and it's not only hampering my experience of the game, but also making me want to swap out my RX 580 for a Nvidia card. Any advice?

Also, Overwatch is the only game where I have issues, and I can confirm that my other components are working properly.