3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2017 9:15 AM by amdmatt

Does FX-8350 Support SSE4.1?

bestrafung

My faithful Phenom II x4 recently lost some pins (my fault, not a manufacturing issue) and I was looking to upgrade. Originally I was going to go with a Phenom II x6 1100t so I could keep the mainboard and makes things simple; until I learned that the Phenom II family doesn't support SSE4.1, only SSE4a. I have a software program I use for work that requires SSE4.1 that I currently run on my under-powered laptop, which of course uses an Intel processor . I have done some research and can get a FX-8350 and full ATX mainboard, both new, for only $25 more than the used Phenom II x6 I was previously looking at. I just need to know whether or not it has SSE4.1 support. If not, what is the cheapest AM3/AM3+ CPU (preferably over 3.5GHz and 6-core or better) that does, or is SSE4.1 only supported by Intel? Sorry for all the questions but I looked for hours and couldn't find a list of instruction set compatibility, this used to be a major marketing thing in the past but it seems nobody cares anymore.