AnsweredAssumed Answered

ATI Radeon HD 3450Multiple monitors stopped working after Windows Update

Question asked by jforman on Nov 27, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 28, 2017 by jforman

My computer is a Dell Optiplex 780 on Thanksgiving day I was using the computer at around 4 PM the screen flickered and then my screens were married and not configured as 2 separate screens. When I try to go to settings to reconfigure them to 2 separate screens, I clicked on the button to detect monitors. And I was informed that "Did not detect another display"

I tried to uninstall the update, however, the update was not listed. As being available for on installing. I tried rolling back to the restore point the for the update, however, when I try that, I got an error message. That merely stated, "something went wrong unable to continue".

I tried doing a manual update oh Windows 10. The update went fine and even added some additional features however I am still not able to configure this has a 2 monitor computer. I am still getting the error message when I click on detect. "Did not detect another display"

Unfortunately, after doing the Windows Update, the restore point history has been removed, however, while. It was still there I was able to see that that update included 3 AMD updates.

I have tried swapping out monitors and swapping out cables. The only possible thing I found is that there was a Windows Update on the 23rd of November at around 4 PM. I assume since no reboot was necessary. It was installed in implemented immediately.

If anyone can think of anything I neglected to try please feel free to let me know. After you get used to using multiple monitors this is a pain in the rear.

System:

Dell Inc. OptiPlex 780

Chassis Serial Number: XXXXXX

Enclosure Type: Space-saving

Board: Dell Inc. 03NVJ6 A00

Serial Number: ..CN736049C102MA.

Bus Clock: 1333 megahertz

BIOS: Dell Inc. A15 08/06/2013

Display:

ATI Radeon HD 3450 [Display adapter]

PCI GDIHOOK5 [Display adapter]

DELL E176FP [Monitor] (17.1"vis, s/n XX-064180-XXXXX-5A8-1HKC, October 2005)

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes