6 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2018 7:29 PM by bristoling

K550I Fx-9830p RX 460 Laptop - code 43 problem need help!

bristoling

2aMmdfe.png

This is the problem that suddenly appeared this morning. Laptop was working perfectly the night before. So far I've tried reinstalling the drivers, disabling Windows Update driver installation, removing drivers with Display Driver Unistaller and installing them from the AMD, and also later from SDI driver downloader when it didn't work. Nothing seems to work and I need help with this issue...

• R7 Graphics integrated graphics + RX 460 dedicated graphics
      • Laptop: ASUS FX550I
      • Windows 10 64 Bit
      • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.11.2
      • FX-9830P
      • 4 GB Ram
        • Re: K550I Fx-9830p RX 460 Laptop - code 43 problem need help!
          bristoling

Ok, so apparently the drivers dated 21/11/2016 do seem to work, I've tried a few different ones and unfortunately I do have to downgrade to use my laptop for any kind of gaming at all. Is there any way I could use more recent drivers, as in, has anyone had similar issue and got it fixed?

smonkey

Hi, I've been having the same problem since I bought the K550i laptop in September 2017, thankfully at the time I didnt need it for gaming and so was able to just using as a web browsing and word processing.

However yesterday I found the answer. It was to do with BIOS and the ones that were shipped with the laptop are incorrect for the motherboard that comes with the laptop.

How I rectified it was to download the latest BIOS drivers from ASUS website for the laptop model X550IU (which is "BIOS 306" found here), I then used the ASUS 'Winflash' program (found on the same page under utilities) to install the 306 BIOS and then Voila! Its now working fine!

Now both my onboard and my dedicated graphics cards are working and are using the Radeon Settings software to keep them up to date with no issues.

I hope this helps you too!

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                bristoling

It's been a while since I tried to fix this problem, and I settled on 17.2.1 drivers or something like that. I only just read about the Bios update now, so I'm going to give it a go since from what I know newer drivers have much better performance then those 2 year old ones that I'm using. Got a few other, safer updates to go through (audio etc.), and I'll try these new graphic drivers asap

edit: looks to be working, thanks man!