13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2017 9:24 AM by ray_m

FreeSync Disabled In Fallout 4

kevinwalter

Freesync does not work with Fallout 4 specifically.

Operating System:

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

CPU:

i5 6600k

RAM:

DDR4 16 GBs

GPU:

R9 390

Display:
      Nixeus VUE24A

Freesync doesn't work. At all. I have videos of my display's OSD to prove this. Oddly enough, Freesync was working in Windows 10 Build 16299.15 for me, though others reported it still wasn't working for them. Then Windows updated to Build 16299.19 and Freesync stopped working again, reverting to the same issue I've been experiencing for months regardless of GPU drivers or game settings.

All other games utilize Freesync without much issue. Specifically Fallout 4 refuses to work.

Here is a video of Freesync working under Windows 10 Build 16299.15

FO4 Freesync Engaged - YouTube

And here is a video of Freesync NOT working under Windows 10 Build 16299.19

Freesync Not Working, As Usual - YouTube

I don't know if this is purely an issue with AMD drivers, or if it's purely an issue with Windows 10, or if it's a little of both. But PLEASE look into it. I bought this monitor to play FO4 with Freesync and it hasn't worked properly since the day I got it. It's nice that other games work fine, but Fallout 4 is stuttery and generally not smooth without Freesync.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.