Hi Everyone, first, English is not my native language, so you may encounter some grammatical errors.
As a long AMD user, and after a long wait for the new CPU's, i got really excited and build a new AMD based system. (just for curiosity, i had a Phenom II X4 965 and a HD 7850).
But the excitement stopped as soon as i tried to play some games.
Now, i want to clarify that i am into computers since i was a teenager, and i never had to write on forums before.
The problem is that every game i try to play, crash within some minutes:
- Hellblade kept crashing every 2 minutes until i downclocked from 1411mhz to 1257mhz (this isn't the way to make things work).
- Fifa 18 crash almost instantly giving me a dx error.
- PUBG simply gives me black screens, forcing me to reboot the pc via the reset button.
The first time i ran into these issue i was running a fresh genuine build 1703 of windows with the latest 17.10.2 crimson driver (wattman never enabled).
So, i tried every solution i found on the web like i always do:
- I tried to use DDU in safe mode.
- tried to Install older version of Crimson drivers.
- Updated Windows to 1709 fall update
- Ran some integrity checks in the windows console.
- tried to uninstall and reinstall 3 different version of crimson drivers with the new 1709 windows update on.
- Disabled Xbox DVR and Windows Game mode.
- tried to install only essential driver with no control center.
- tried to set +50% power on wattman.
- tried to use AMD driver uninstaller in combination with DDU.
- tried to install AMD chipset driver.
and I'm getting the same errors over and over, it seems like i'm doing nothing.
So, I'm seeing that AMD did not really give a real solution to this problem that is spreading on various forums for almost a year.
And I'm getting really upset, i got my new system a week ago, and i didn't have the time to play decently for more than an hour.
It has just been a week of tries and troubleshooting.
My system spec right now:
Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB
- Desktop System
- Windows 10 64bit FCU
- Driver version installed
- Display Devices
- Dell UP2516D 1440p 60hz DisplayPort
- Motherboard + Bios Revision
- MSI Mortar Arctic B350M with the latest BIOS.
- Ryzen 3 1200
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Cooler Master 520W bronze modular.
- Kingston Hyperx Predator 3000mhz CL16 8GB (2x4GB)
I really hope to get some help from you guys, or from AMD, as right now i am totally unable to play my favourite games.
Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.